Thxgiving eve hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thxgiving eve hunt

I saw about 15 deer including 3 of the biggest axis deer, the body size was phenominal, I have heard they can get up around 300 poounds, these where big and could possibly believe these would come close to that mark. I would of took a shot but we where heading out of town for thxgiving that evening and would not have time to track. but I am back and will slay them tommorrow if given an oppurtunity. Has anyone shot any this big???

I have only shot one axis buck and he wasn't 300 lbs, he might have been just over 200 if memory serves me right. I have seen some who look huge.

Comment

did ya get them with a bow??

Comment

One buck and four axis does with bow. My buck is decent 30 inches or so but not much mass. I have four in front of me and he was the best.

We all have a few animals that haunt us, and I missed a MONSTER axis buck one evening on a small low fenced place near Barksdale. I was low time bowhunter (recurve) and he was about 30 to 35 yards, way to far to shoot at my skill level. I sure wanted him badly and shot right over his back. His antlers seemed as big around as coke cans. I am thankful I did not wound him.

Comment

Working...
        X