I am not superstitious, but….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not superstitious, but….

I am leaving the 4-wheeler at home this weekend. It was the Friday before Thanksgiving last year when my wife and I loaded up the truck to head to the BugScuffle. We had gotten off early to beat the traffic, the gear was loaded, truck was running, all that was left to do was load the 4-wheeler in the bed of the truck. 15 minutes later I was in the emergency room with a complex fracture and severe dislocation (wrist). Rather than spending the next week hunting I was in and out of doctors and eventually had surgery the following Friday. Kind of put a dent in my year to say the least.

Last night after packing, I considered picking up the 4-wheeler, (Which I have regularly used since, though it is now loaded in a trailer.) but I just had an uneasy feeling about it.

We are heading out this afternoon to hunt 8 days over the next two weekends and I will be thanking God for allowing me the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and sport I love so much. I am blessed to have come away with only a broken wrist.

find a kid and make them load it for you they heal quicker.
    Good luck with your hunt (you big sissy)

Comment

Good luck man and enjoy your time in the outdoors...

Comment

good luck. I will also be hunting for the next 8-10 days too.....

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I'm not surerstitious either...it's bad luck!

Good luck on your hunt and bring back something good and a story to go with it.

Comment

good luck and have fun

Comment

Have fun on your hunt. I feel your pain from last year,a week ago found out I have nerve damage and carpal tunnel in the left arm and carpal tunnel in the right wrist. Surgery Dec.4 8 am.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Very sorry to hear that Mitch.

I am headed to the house to load up and will try to bypass the hospital this year.

Comment

Dang Mitch that's a bummer, speedy recovery.

Comment

don't forget your Blackwidow for the laying down pictures

Comment

Sorry Buff no LDPs this trip, but I am heading back out Thursday night and will hunt through Monday. I sold the Black Widow, but am picking up my new Sweptwing tonight or Wednesday.

The activity picked up this weekend, so I am pretty excited about the coming weeks. I began to see several young bucks with substantial potential, now all I need is for one of their fathers or uncles to step out.

My wife has her heart set on a cull buck that is stressing her out. He is somehow related to the buck in my avatar. He has the makings of a main frame ten on one side, but only goes straight up and forks on the other side. We had him in range three separate mornings and my wife was even at full draw at one point, but it just never worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          find a kid and make them load it for you they heal quicker.
                          Good luck with your hunt (you big sissy)
                          Marty, can I come hunt hogs with ya after deer season??? YA nut!!!

Yeah, Black Widows make for good pictures. Ya should get ya a Great Plains for the shooting part though.

Comment

Working...
                          X