Ground Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Blinds

Anyone have an opinion on a good, cheap ground blind? Even better, anyone in the Fort Hood/Killeen area got one they want to part with? Looking for something reasonably sturdy and light. Thanks!

I have an Ameristep doghouse that seems to work pretty well. It folds up into a backpack case, think they are around $75. Sometimes ****'s runs them on sale for less. There are probably better ones, but this one works for me.

Comment

How sturdy is it? I tried to have ****'s let me open one up so I could see it but they wouldn't let me do it so I left. I was wondering if it had some kind of tent pole system that holds it up? It looks like it has quite a bit of room also, would it fit 2 bowhunters comfortably? Thanks for the info!

Comment

I have some Gorilla one with the hubs. It was about $120. I have been pretty rough on it and it is holding up well. Not very light but the back pack it comes with is good and you can fit some other stuff in it also.

Comment

IMO the dog house is way to small for 2 bow hunters.

I have the Brickhouse 360 and can get 2 hunters and a camera set up in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
            I have some Gorilla one with the hubs. It was about $120. I have been pretty rough on it and it is holding up well. Not very light but the back pack it comes with is good and you can fit some other stuff in it also.
            I looked at one like that today also. I was gonna buy it but I thought I may be able to find one on Craig's List for cheaper used so i decided to come home and look. After searching Craig's List and finding nothing I figured I'd see what people on here thought before I went much further. How big is that Gorilla on the inside? I haven't ever owned a blind before so I'm kind of lost when it comes to some of this stuff. 60" sounds like it would be plenty but you can never tell until you do it I guess. Thanks very much for the info!

Comment

It is actually pretty roomy. With just me in there I have all the room in the world. With 2 people and bows it gets a little tight but I made some bow hangers to hang on the rods up top and that helped out quite a bit. The other thing I like about it is some of the others I looked at, all in the same price range, didn't seem to have low enough windows to shoot a bow out off without smacking your limb on the top of the blind.

Comment

the Brickhouse 360 is 74 inches from hub to hub and 67 inches tall

Comment

6ft concrete panel, chritmas tree limbs, Camo netting, and alil time and you got the perfect blind and around 50 bucks!

Comment

hmmm thats a great idea, I love projects too. It would help to have a permanent blind also, I may check out the DIY forums as well.

Comment

2 brickhouses,hard to beat

Comment

The Primos Ground Max at Cabelas is on sale for $99 and is a great blind. I have left them out for nearly 3 years. I will try to post a link: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...014&hasJS=true

Also if you want something permanent look up the cattle pannel blinds on the DIY section and I used 1 and a half cattle pannels connected with all the other stuff (carpet, pvc poles, etc.) and you could hunt 4 people in there and it cost me about 100 bucks in materials. You will need a friend to help set it up and they take a while to build but they will outlast any popup blind sold.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! That primos looks like a spectacular deal. I have thought of doing something permanent but its public so it would probably start getting hunted too often for my taste if I left it out there. I think I'm gonna shoot down to Cabela's sometime this week and check out what they have, I can actually sit down inside it to see what it looks like at the very least and they have a pretty nice selection. Thanks again!

Comment

I have a Primos Eclipse and it is plenty big and tall, but remember when in a ground blind you have to have enough room to extend your shooting arm with the arrow still undrawn before you draw, that takes some room, just get up next to a wall with an arrow on your bow and see how much room you need before you draw. I bought a cheapie ground and had to have my butt hanging out the back of the blind to be able to draw.
                            I left my Primos blind out for 3 months this year and it looks fine and I plan to buy another one.

Comment

Make sure you can black out the windows that you don't use.

Comment

Working...
                              X