2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35

The Hoyt Maxxis 35 was my first bow purchase for this past season. Ive always been pretty much a gun hunter plus I like to reload. Not saying Im giving up my guns, but man this bow is awesome. I set up my pins for 20-30-40 yards and practiced for a week or two before my journey down to South Texas. Wanting to make sure of the whole new bow experience I wanted to make sure my first shot was either on a hog or a doe. My very first evening hunt in my blind a doe showed up at about 20 yards. I drew back, fired, and a perfect shot on her. This bow is to me is one of a kind. It seems to be perfectly balanced, easy to draw, and extremely quiet.

I proceeded to hunt for the next few days and bagged a nice 8 pt, but the best part of the trip was one of my last evening hunts. I had been watching this 16 pt show up all around my blind the previous days and had finally talked myself into taking the shot. Finally a few minutes before dark he came in about 25 yards the best I can remember. Took draw, released, and this picture tells the rest.

I would 100% recommend the Hoyt Maxxis 35. It definitely got me hooked on bowhunting. Now I am just waiting until April to put in my draw for that Monster Elk coming up later this year!!!!

Nice buck, I would not have to talk myself into taking that shot though. It would be a done deal. Probably wouldn't hit though with the shakes. I'm still waiting to get my first deer kill with a bow. Congrats.

Comment

Wow! Nice buck!! Lets see pics of the new bow!!

Comment

Thanks for the report, Mark. You been shooting any since the season ended?
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats on the new bow and a nice buck! Welcome to bowhunting

Comment

Looks like your hooked now Mark

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Sweet man! I want to shoo that bow. I have the Alphamax32 and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Thanks for the report, Mark. You been shooting any since the season ended?
                  Nope, 2 problems on that. 1st I left my bow at the house in TX 2nd, all my targets are 4' undersnow at the moment.

Comment

Looks like an awsome buck to me bro. I will tell you this since you picked up a bow and had success with it you are going to have a hard time hunting with a gun again. Good job and I hope you grow to love the sport as much as I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X