drop away rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop away rest

I just bought a new to me mathews LX tricked out w everything under the sun including the drop away rest, not really sure if I like it I hunt alot of coe lands and walk alot, should I change it to a whisker bisquit or leave it. Just thought someone on here has been thru the same situation

Which rest is it?

Comment

Originally posted by randyhodges View Post
      I just bought a new to me mathews LX tricked out w everything under the sun including the drop away rest, not really sure if I like it I hunt alot of coe lands and walk alot, should I change it to a whisker bisquit or leave it. Just thought someone on here has been thru the same situation
      The only reason why I changed mine whisker bisquit is that it tears the vanes up on your arrows after practicing for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by fused78 View Post
        The only reason why I changed mine whisker bisquit is that it tears the vanes up on your arrows after practicing for awhile.
        You just need to get better vanes and not change the rest. These are the best vanes for the WB.

Vanetec
        Duravanes
        Blazers

Comment

I use nothing but the bisquit... I love it.

I noticed the drop away would kick the end of aero around (atleast what I thought I was noticing... seems to shoot better out of the bisquit anyway.

Comment

This is a question i have been mulling over for a while now. I am about to buy a new bow and whole new setup. It seems everyone has a favorite. What are the pros and cons? I have only used a WB myself and I would think you would want your bow to be as simple as possible so you wouldnt get foul-ups in the field.

Comment

anybody used one of those drop away rests that still "traps" the arrow? kind of a best of both worlds deal?

Comment

I use a Rip Cord and love it. It allows you to shoot it in "normal" drop away mode ( allowing your draw to raise the rest) or you can manually raise it and it will stay like that. When you shoot or let down then it drops. It also has an arm above the rest that captures the arrow so you can turn your bow completely upside down and it will not fall off the rest. I've had one for about 4 years now and have never had any problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0007 View Post
                  This is a question i have been mulling over for a while now. I am about to buy a new bow and whole new setup. It seems everyone has a favorite. What are the pros and cons? I have only used a WB myself and I would think you would want your bow to be as simple as possible so you wouldnt get foul-ups in the field.
                  X2 simple as possible. I just switched my QAD Ultra rest back to my original rest, the WB. I love the QAD, but one day i was shooting my Diamond and the downward buss cable came loose during a shot and the arrow slammed into the ground ten yards in front of me. I usually check the clamp after a few days of shooting but I didn't this time. It's just one less thing to worry about and if that would have happened in the field, I would have been very bummed out. my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by garza View Post
                    X2 simple as possible. I just switched my QAD Ultra rest back to my original rest, the WB. I love the QAD, but one day i was shooting my Diamond and the downward buss cable came loose during a shot and the arrow slammed into the ground ten yards in front of me. I usually check the clamp after a few days of shooting but I didn't this time. It's just one less thing to worry about and if that would have happened in the field, I would have been very bummed out. my .02.
                    I use the QAD also but served the trip line to the cable. left the clamp in the bag.

Comment

QAD Ultra Rest Pro... no more to add.

Comment

WB

Comment

Vital Gear Kazaway. I get all the benefits of arrow containment and drop away accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                          X