Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how precise does draw length have to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how precise does draw length have to be?

one of the big deals in bowhunting is getting measured for your drawlength. getting that number right is supposed to be pretty important.

and I can see that to a point... but how precise does it have to be?

I shoot a 29" dl but if I bought a bow with a 28" dl wouldn't be about the same if I put a d loop on it and pushed my release out a little? isn't the point to get to the same anchor point everytime - regardless of the official "number?"

am looking at moving to a diff bow and need to know if I have to have exactly the same dl.

Good question.....the experts will respond I'm sure! I will be waiting.

Comment

It needs to be with in a half inch. Most people are a bit over in DL. It's better to be a bit short than a bit long. From Bow to Bow and Brand to Brand DL can be different. A 27 inch Dren measures 27 5/8 th. It is best to draw and shoot the Bow and Brand you are looking to buy

Comment

A dloop will change your anchor point, d loops don't cuz your arms to get longer.
        Dlength that are to long can slap you arm, not be consistant, some folks use a D length to gain speed. Just a few things that I can think of right now,

Comment

a shorter draw length and loop will change your anchor points - if you are using the string as a point of reference for any of your anchors. You also will lose some power - all other things equal. It can also effect your shooting accuracy as you will have a tendency to do things to compensate. Here is a good illustration of it:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/drawlength.htm

Comment

IMO correct draw length is as important as buying the correct waist sized jeans. If you buy them too small, you will never be comfortable, and if you buy them too big, you will constantly be figdeting around with them and buying a lot of belts. If you have been measured, and are currently shooting a particular DL, then you should try to make sure anything else yo buy is the same. All of your arrows will work, you wont have to change anything about your shooting style, and it really doesn't cost that much more in relative terms to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
              A dloop will change your anchor point, d loops don't cuz your arms to get longer.
              Dlength that are to long can slap you arm, not be consistant, some folks use a D length to gain speed. Just a few things that I can think of right now,
              That should of have said "some folks use a longer D length to gain speed."

And as bowhuntintx said it doesn't cost that much to get the correct length

Comment

IMHO

D-Loop size is for release (knuckle) anchor point on the side of the face and the actual "tell all" DL is the string on the TIP of the nose (as opposed to the side of the nose). 3 things should be in line--- your eye, the nock point/string and your bellybutton. (bow arm relaxed but not bent) line the peep hole with the sight housing then put the pin on target and hurt some arrows.

1/2 short is better than a 1/2 long.

Comment

Found this video maybe it'll work and be use.
                  IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                  I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
                    Found this video maybe it'll work and be use.
                    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Working...
                    X