No announcement yet.

Peep Sight Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fit of the outside ring of my sight is what determents the size of my peep sight. I like a tight ring in ring. Another trick for older eyes, but this only works in good light conditions. The smaller the peep sight hole the better it will focus older eyes. But like I said you need a lot of good light.

Comment

For us older guys there is hope a new type of peep. Called the "red eye". Sorta like a funnel allowing more light in the big side and you look through the small side.

Comment

My personal preference is the rubber tubing. I can't stand the thought of paying $3-5k for an out of state hunt or lease with the time and effort then have my peep not rotate when I have the animal infront of me. The only reason I could see shooting with out it is because it's a couple fps quicker and a tad quieter and niether is worth the trade off of my peep potentially not turning.
        Use the meta peep in conjunction with the rubber tube, it back to the KISS method.

Comment

Spend the money on a quality set of strings and cables, the go with the peep you like the best. A quality string will not rotate. When you first get your bow restrung, shoot about 50 arrows to get things settled in, then install the peep. I had Aaron at Nocked-N-Loaded put a piece of string in between the strings. This allowed me to move the string up and down to find where the peep should be located and it also allowed me to use the string as a temporary sight.

Comment

Tried Hindsight?? I have it on one of my bows and even though it took a while to get used to it, I like it now and shoot good groups and don't have to worry about string twist.

Comment

g5 meta peep

good strings

but thats not going to solve the problem, think about a string loop. after 8 years i put one on this season for this very reason!

Comment

i shoot the same style peep had to move mine up or down slightly to get in the right position not nessecerally lined up when bow is not drawn mine rotates slightly when i draw ull have move your sights to compinsate but it works

Comment

Working...
                X