No announcement yet.

“Push” present ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my wife a band with birthstone of baby in it she wears behind her wedding band. Guys a push present is for the wife. Apparently it’s a new thing haha

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
      I got my wife a band with birthstone of baby in it she wears behind her wedding band. Guys a push present is for the wife. Apparently it’s a new thing haha
      Did the same thing, was fairly reasonable (200 bucks?). She wears it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Man, if she’s telling you to ease up, listen to her. Mommas know when mommas know. It’s a natural instinct and it’s impressive.

Want to impress her? Take the baby every time you can when she’s not feeding him/her so she can take a break or a nap, change the diapers, clean up the house behind her, and give her space if she needs it.
        LOL, ease up on helping her, but help her more. Got it!

Just messin, man that’s so true, doing whatever it takes to let her rest is one of the best things we can do. You sound like you have experience . But I really was just trying to address the assumption/concern that I wasn’t already planning to be heavily involved with taking care of our baby. I meant she sees me constantly working around the house getting various things ready and she wants me to know that I don’t have to kill myself just because she can’t do much at this point. We’re not having any communication issues, like me being oblivious to her genuine pleas.

We actually are parents to our 7 yo (her nephew) so you might say I’m starting to get broke in on dad duties . But you’re absolutely right. God made women with maternal instincts that are mind-blowing.

Just looking for gift ideas.
        Last edited by woodsman; 01-18-2019, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          Man, if she’s telling you to ease up, listen to her. Mommas know when mommas know. It’s a natural instinct and it’s impressive.

Want to impress her? Take the baby every time you can when she’s not feeding him/her so she can take a break or a nap, change the diapers, clean up the house behind her, and give her space if she needs it.
          Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          I went through much of the same with getting mine here. I think you're on the right track with getting her a little something. I bought mine a nice camera for her to take pics of the little one. Congrats you two!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          brother you guys have an incredible testimony with Emmett. Appreciate your support, these trials definitely give a much deeper gratitude for life and awe for God answering the prayers of many to perform a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            We tried for three years....two miscarriages and finally have a beautiful baby girl. It is disheartening to try and fail. Be there for your wife and your child. That will be the greatest gift of all!
            wow so sorry to hear of your heartbreak, but congrats on your little miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
              A diaper genie trust me it is work the 30 bucks.
              Done! All our friends said the same, so we made that a priority to get!

Originally posted by Soclose View Post
              Gave her diamond earrings for the baby... screw on back... she loved them. Think they were $200 if I recall correctly. No, she doesn’t get to wear them yet.
              Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              Something from a James Avery she will wear everyday.
              Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
              Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
              Did the same thing, was fairly reasonable (200 bucks?). She wears it every day.
              Can’t go wrong with jewelry! May have to think about birthstone options.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                Congratulations on the baby. I’m not much help but I can tell you what not to do. After our third was born with dove season around the corner I bought myself a nice new O/U shotgun and jokingly said it was my push present (I had never heard of a push present). I still hear about that every time she sees that gun.
                hahaha

Mine would tell me where I could push that gun

Comment

Got my wife a pendant necklace with a nice gemstone, had jeweler add a diamond halo when our next and last was born. Shes not into wearing much jewelry but that necklace never comes off. I thought about the birthstone thing too, but jeweler suggested that they sometimes can be difficult colors for a woman to "coordinate" with so I stayed away from that. I can't remember what the gem in my wife's necklace is, but it had some kind of maternity meaning if you buy into that voodoo.

Comment

Congrats, dad!

Comment

I’d get her a George Foreman grill.

Comment

Hormone treatment.

Comment

Diapers and wipes. You’ll need em

Comment

I gave her the best 2 mins of her life to get her in that position, what more does she need?

Comment

Nothing. Y'all are getting a baby and spent $35k getting there... what more does she need? Start saving for the teenage years. You're gonna need it...

Comment

Being willing to shift your priorities for this phase of life and be a dad and husband first before anything else is going to please her a lot more than any gift ever will. Does that mean less time doing hobbies and things that are "you"? Yep, sure does. Embrace the change and soak it up because it is going to go FAST. I feel like my first born was just a few years ago and here we are only 6 short years away from him being out from under our roof. There will be plenty of time for your personal desires after this phase of life is over. Give your time and effort to your wife and kiddo. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X