Camera Dilemmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Dilemmas...

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and it was suggested that I ask my video questions over here to get better answers. Anyway I'm having a hard time deciding on which camera to purchase. I'll be spending around $1500 and I've been looking at the Canon GL2 and XL1. I don't really want to spend the extra $ to get an XL2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh I'll be filming all different types of hunts from aerchery to predator hunts.

Out of those 2, I would go with the GL2. In the words of Tyge, filming with a XL1 is an exercise in futility. I had an XL1 and will never own anything like it again.

Have you checked out the Sony line of camera's? Just my opinion, you'll gain some sensor size with the Sony which will result in better low light filming.

Comment

Thanks for the input, i really haven't looked at sony much just because most of the research i've done has led me to canon. What sony models would you suggest in the $1500 price range?

Comment

Got me there! You will be looking at $2000 for the vx2100

Comment

I am sure this post is late, but if you are looking to spend that amount you are talking about the Sony PD-150 or PD-170 is the way to go. You can find them on Ebay for tht price or around that price. The problem with the canons is that they have a motor sound many times when you go back and watch the video. The are a little louder when actually out in the woods. If you are in an enclosed stand, it is fine, but not enclosed it gets a little loud.

Comment

Working...
          X