[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's just spectacular!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

So, is that a regular automotive tire valve stem mounted in the cap of the bottle, so you could air up the bottle? How did you decide on 90 psi? (hope there wasn't "error" with a trial and error at, say 95 psi )

Comment

My thoughts exactly about that 90 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  So, is that a regular automotive tire valve stem mounted in the cap of the bottle, so you could air up the bottle? How did you decide on 90 psi? (hope there wasn't "error" with a trial and error at, say 95 psi )
                  Yes.
                  I drilled a hole in the cap, and installed a regular pull in rubber valve stem.

The maximum pressure rating on the bottle is 110#.
                  The average failure pressure is 150#.
                  I always keep it at 90#, or a little below.

Rick

Comment

There has been a few folks asking just exactly how I aimed for this shot.

In this picture, the blue dot represents the level the bottle was setting in my vision, and the green dot represents where I was looking, and pointing/aiming the arrow. Yep, way up there.

Like I said in an earlier post, I practiced the shot on three different afternoons for about one hour each.

On the first afternoon I tried several different aiming methods:
                    I started with Gaping off the riser, and switched my 3 under hold anchor from index finger at corner of mouth to an under the chin anchor, and even shot split finger that way some.

It didn't take me long (first afternoon) to realize I was most confident, comfortable, and consistently accurate with my normal 3 under hold, and anchoring index finger at the corner of my mouth/nose on the fletch, and simply aiming with the arrow tip, and aiming it high.

At that point it was only a matter of figuring out how high to hold, and practice steadily holding that vertical line at that height.

There's nothing to reference in that sky, so it all boiled down to seeing the vertical line in my imagination, and seeing an imaginary spot in the sky to aim at along that vertical line.

It was fun (very fun) to do from the start of the practicing/learning all the way to the conclusion. I can tell already, that my shooting has improved at the closer distances a little bit.

Rick
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Nice! Tannerite?

Gary
                        Ha!!!

Definitely not enough KE/V for tannerite.... I don't care what your draw weight is.

Comment

To everyone wondering about the valve stem caps, they sell these at academy and other stores too! Got some last week and have yet to try them out.

RickBarbee you are the man! Wish I could even get my arrow that close shooting my compound bow. I'd still be looking for arrows...

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                            There has been a few folks asking just exactly how I aimed for this shot.

In this picture, the blue dot represents the level the bottle was setting in my vision, and the green dot represents where I was looking, and pointing/aiming the arrow. Yep, way up there.

Like I said in an earlier post, I practiced the shot on three different afternoons for about one hour each.

On the first afternoon I tried several different aiming methods:
                            I started with Gaping off the riser, and switched my 3 under hold anchor from index finger at corner of mouth to an under the chin anchor, and even shot split finger that way some.

It didn't take me long (first afternoon) to realize I was most confident, comfortable, and consistently accurate with my normal 3 under hold, and anchoring index finger at the corner of my mouth/nose on the fletch, and simply aiming with the arrow tip, and aiming it high.

At that point it was only a matter of figuring out how high to hold, and practice steadily holding that vertical line at that height.

There's nothing to reference in that sky, so it all boiled down to seeing the vertical line in my imagination, and seeing an imaginary spot in the sky to aim at along that vertical line.

It was fun (very fun) to do from the start of the practicing/learning all the way to the conclusion. I can tell already, that my shooting has improved at the closer distances a little bit.

Rick
                            Well, why didn't you just aim at that green dot on top of the obvious dotted line?..... And in a related vein, why do those football referees have so much trouble telling if someone made a first down -- can't they see the yellow line?

Semi-seriously, how bout using one of those side branches as a reference? Also, I see why you thought up the SEWAGE acronym. And your "semi-educated wild arse guesses" are a lot better than most of us could calculate, I imagine.

Amazing display of "Arching". Would have made a great artillery gunner!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Ha!!!

Definitely not enough KE/V for tannerite.... I don't care what your draw weight is.
                              Gosh Dang Man!!! We get it. You got a thing for raising DRT's hackles, but holy heck give it a rest. I'd love to read a thread without it turning into you two going back and forth like two middle schoolers.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I don't have anything against you or DRT but I cant stand the constant back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                                Gosh Dang Man!!! We get it. You got a thing for raising DRT's hackles, but holy heck give it a rest. I'd love to read a thread without it turning into you two going back and forth like two middle schoolers.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I don't have anything against you or DRT but I cant stand the constant back and forth.
                                You're right. I am out. I am tired of the nonsense. Classic example of being the one called out for pushing back.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X