Bogen 3130 head mounting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogen 3130 head mounting help

My wife gave me a 3130 head for Christmas and the little I have handled it has made me decide to get one for my birthday in January. I want to mount one on my Sunpak 7500 Pro tripod so I can use the same release plate on all my equipment, video cameras and DSLRs.

I removed the head from the tripod and am left with a 1/4" stud sticking up. See photo. Does anyone know where I can get a stud with a 1/4" female and 3/8" male on the other end? I have the stud that came with head but it is male on both ends. I have looked all over the B&H website with no luck.

One other thing. The tripod is used for both video and still photography. Any problem using the 3130 for still photography that anyone can think of?

Thanks for your help.

PB180672 (640 x 480).jpg
    Last edited by Bill M; 12-26-2006, 07:50 AM.

My Giotto head came with a reducer so that it could be used with 3/8 or 1/4 bolt. My try the hardware store and see if they have anything like that?

Trailboss

Comment

John I ended up getting a crossover (for lack of a better term) from B&H. 1/4" female x 3/8" male. It sure looks flimsy on the top of the tripod though.

Comment

Working...
      X