Bow Lube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Lube?

I like to take good care of my gear. I've seen bows that folks just don't take care of, just like guns. Not sure if it's the Ol' Marine in me, but I CANNOT STAND any rust on my weapons. I guess some folks are fine with it. I've only been bow hunting for a few years now and haven't seen the subject mentioned at all. I tried to do a search and didn't come up with anything.

My question is: What do y'all use for lubing/ anti-corrosion on the metal, non-aluminum parts (screws, bolts, etc.) of your bows?

I was out in the mist yesterday hunting and my bow got a small amount of moisture. I came home and got out my favorite gun oil and some Q Tips to clean up all the steel pieces. I didn't have a better option at the time and it needed to get done. Of course, gun oils have quite an odor, which is less than ideal, of course.

Looking for suggestions, please.

BTW, Corrosion X is my favorite gun oil. I use it for my work weapons and it holds up quite well. They started out making lubes for marine applications and then developed a gun oil.

Bow Lube?

I use canola oil on screws and what not to clean and prevent oxidation.
    Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 11-28-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I've used Break-free CLP and Rem-oil without any problems.

Comment

Cool. Thanks. Anyone else have other suggestions or is this the go to for everyone?

Comment

I use string wax on the heads of my screws. It repels water and doesn't add any additional scent to your bow.

I also towel dry and then hit my bow (figuratively) with canned air to blow off any residual condensation.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
            I use string wax on the heads of my screws. It repels water and doesn't add any additional scent to your bow.

I also towel dry and then hit my bow (figuratively) with canned air to blow off any residual condensation.
            Good idea here too. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post

Good idea here too.

Comment

^^^^ That.... but, I use Frog-lube.

Comment

Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Never.
                    Any particular reason why not? I can't deal with rusty screws & bolts. Spill the beans, man...

Comment

Bow Lube?

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                      Any particular reason why not? I can't deal with rusty screws & bolts. Spill the beans, man...

Y'all worry to much I swear. [emoji6]
                      I go years with no rust on my bow. If it gets wet dry it off and don't put it up wet. All my screws etc are torqued evenly with a torque screw driver and soft loc-tite so I don't "lube" them. All that oil just end up attracting dust and gunk.
                      Last edited by JW; 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Y'all worry to much I swear. [emoji6]
                        I go years with no rust on my bow. If it gets wet dry it off and don't put it up wet. All my screws etc are torqued evenly with a torque screw driver and soft loc-tite so I don't "lube" them. All that oil just end up attracting dust and gunk.

I agree, I've been bow hunting for over 30 years and have never put a drop of oil on any of my bows. I have one bow that is over 25 years old and has been my bow fishing bow for years and I just looked at it and the only rust I could find on it on a couple of the little C-clips.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                          I agree, I've been bow hunting for over 30 years and have never put a drop of oil on any of my bows. I have one bow that is over 25 years old and has been my bow fishing bow for years and I just looked at it and the only rust I could find on it on a couple of the little C-clips.

Yep.

Comment

Very well. Thanks for the input, fellas

Comment

Put a greasecert in the axels. [emoji2]

Comment

Working...
                              X