Stan Potts broadhead tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stan Potts broadhead tuning?

I was watching Stan Potts show the other day and he had a tips and tricks segment on tuning the broadhead to the arrow. Before gluing the inserts in his arrows, he screwed the broadhead into the insert then as put the insert (with glue on it) he used an arrow spinner and pressed the insert into the arrow while spinning in. Does anybody do this? I used to spin glue on broad heads on the screw in ferrules (magnus snuffers) years ago to spin true and get good flight. I guess it's the same principle with distributing glue evenly on the insert...just neve done it.

Gimme a minute-

Comment

Never done this. I get the arrows cut to length. I have an arrow squaring device. I square the nock end, the BH end, glue the insert in and square that. Done.

Comment

There are a lot of ways to get arrows and broad heads to group. As long as they group with the least amount of effort.

Comment

He has killed some monster bucks, but he is a tool to the first degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            He has killed some monster bucks, but he is a tool to the first degree.

I can't watch his shows

He has killed some great deer

As far as the spinning and gluing, I use super glue so no way to do that.

What I could do is put insert and broadhead in arrow with no glue, find sweet spot and then mark and glue. Inserts in my Goldtips fit real tight though, probably would not work if insert had loose fit in shaft

Had some aluminum arrows swaged years ago for some zwickey heads that glue on, kept twisting them on and spinning and when it spun true, mark a line from broadhead to arrow, remove head, apply epoxy and line up marks

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I can't watch his shows

He has killed some great deer

As far as the spinning and gluing, I use super glue so no way to do that.

What I could do is put insert and broadhead in arrow with no glue, find sweet spot and then mark and glue. Inserts in my Goldtips fit real tight though, probably would not work if insert had loose fit in shaft

Had some aluminum arrows swaged years ago for some zwickey heads that glue on, kept twisting them on and spinning and when it spun true, mark a line from broadhead to arrow, remove head, apply epoxy and line up marks
              Or start using epoxy

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                Gimme a minute-
                That didnt take long!!

Comment

Since I opened my shop, I have always spin-installed inserts to attempt to pool the epoxy around the insert evenly.
                  I think this keeps the run-out straighter.
                  At least, this will keep more shafts out of a dozen, usable with broadheads.
                  I think it is a good tip from Stan.

Comment

Working...
                  X