No announcement yet.

Thoughts on my latest whitetail mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mount looks very very nice. I can't really tell from any of the angles but it appears that the ear butts are a little off in shape. I might retreat my critique if I saw them in in a few different angles. The angle of the eyelashes looks good but they could be more fanned out. The nostril shape differs slightly from deer to deer so the size of the opening is personal preference. I would add a splash of flesh paint inside (it very well may be the flash of the camera not allowing it to pick up). Look at some reference pictures of the nose pad shape. You'll notice that there will be a shallow valley along the center vertical line. Use a little clay to build up around the nasal wings to help illustrate that. It's a minimal expression but adds tons of character. I'd also build/plump up the lower lip just a little bit more.

These are just small finite critiques going off what I am able to see. I'm by no means an expert and like you, always wanting to make the final product better. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by BCorn View Post
      looks great. I like the nose pad and nostril interior. did you use a cast nose system?

I could be wrong, but it looks like he used modge podge to me

Comment

Looks good! The definition in the neck is awesome!

Comment

nice-I would pay you

Comment

Very natural look, I like it.

Comment

looks great to me!

Comment

looks good to me. whats not to like?

Comment

Bigger Horns... haha Just Kidding. Looks awesome!

Comment

Looks great where are u located

Comment

Looks really good

Comment

Working...
                      X