Ruger 32 H & R magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger 32 H & R magnum

I'm looking for thoughts, and reviews of the Ruger single six in 32 magnum. I have always used larger calibers such as 44 magnum, and 44 special as my hunting side arm. My hands are starting to hurt with arthritis, and stiff joints. This is causing me to think about downsizing to a smaller caliber as my hunting carry gun. So have any of you used this caliber, what are your thoughts.

I have one that was my dad's. It's a cool pistol, but the only thing that I remember him killing with it was the garden tiller, when it wouldn't start after he worked on it for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      I have one that was my dad's. It's a cool pistol, but the only thing that I remember him killing with it was the garden tiller, when it wouldn't start after he worked on it for a few hours.
      LOL! Sounds like something I would do. LOL!

Comment

I've got one, and I love it. It's a blast to shoot and is a pretty accurate pistol. That being said, I wouldn't shoot anything bigger than a coyote with it(and only because I'm not worried about finding a coyote). I think for a fox sized critter and smaller it'd be just fine. But it's not a very powerful round.

Comment

If your hunting deer and pigs a 357 mag would be a good choice.

Comment

If you are wanting a new gun, take a look at the 327 Federal Magnum. Ruger sells it in a Single Seven.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
              If you are wanting a new gun, take a look at the 327 Federal Magnum. Ruger sells it in a Single Seven.
              Was going to recommend the same thing. You can shoot the 32 h&r out of it for target practice and the full 327 mags when carrying. It’s very similar to a lighter 357 mag load.

Comment

I've killed several pigs with a 32 H&R. It's a fun round.

Comment

I love the 32 mag single six, can shoot 32 mag 32 short 32 long and even 32 auto out of it

Comment

I know it would be a great round to reload for. My handgun hunting days are probably over, unless i break out the Contender. I want the 32 mag for a light weight carry gun while I'm rifle hunting. I have my Ruger single six strapped on this afternoon.

Comment

I have a 2002 Ruger single six in a 32 HnR that my wife gave me as a wedding gift. I have only shot opossums and raccoons with it. If I hadn’t looked at ballistics chart I would have thought it was about as much power as a 9mm. Mine is very accurate. It’s a nice little round for small game and finishing off stuff thats not dead.

Comment

I got a Ruger Single Seven 327 fed mag. Great gun. I shoot 327 fed mag, 32 H&R mag and S&W 32 longs. I can tell a difference between 327 and 32 H&R in recoil. But I have only shoot paper targets.

Comment

Working...
                        X