Which model 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model 22?

I am looking at getting a new 22. I already have an old lever action 22 but would like a semi-auto. I am looking at these two models:

Ruger 10/22 - https://ruger.com/products/1022Carbi...ets/31115.html

Thompson Compass TCR22 - https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/semi-automatic/t-cr22

Any suggestions or recommendations? I am leaning towards the Ruger as it has been around longer, but I have heard good things about the TC.

I bought the Ruger Light Target Varmint (LTV) and has been great. Shoots Great.

Comment

I'd say the Ruger 10/22. There is also a lot of aftermarket support if you want to customize or enhance it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometimes View Post
        I'd say the Ruger 10/22. There is also a lot of aftermarket support if you want to customize or enhance it.
        Supposedly the TCR22 is built off the 10/22 platform and all the aftermarket parts fit on it as well.

Comment

10/22.............

Comment

10/22 but careful you can get a lot of $ in one is a hurry. If you are going custom figure what you are planning to do and price of a custom built like Volquartsen or Clark. I am really close the the same $ in my build

Comment

I Have spent way too much customizing a 10/22 to sell it for $200

Comment

Ruger

Comment

10/22... everyone should own a couple

Comment

Thanks to all. If going the Ruger route, do you suggest a wood stock or synthetic?

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                      Thanks to all. If going the Ruger route, do you suggest a wood stock or synthetic?
                      What are you wanting to do with it? Mine is wood

Comment

Lol

I own an old AMT .22 magnum, synthetic stock, stainless bull barrel. Put a 3-9x50mm scope on it.

I wouldn’t sell it for $1000 I love it that much. Shoots lights out. Best Coon, squirrel [emoji883], hog gun I ever shot.

But parts ? Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10/22

They don't like Winchester ammo... they have a lot of wax on the bullet and it will gum up on the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            What are you wanting to do with it? Mine is wood

Mainly just plink around and have it as a rabbit/squirrel gun. May do some target shooting with it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X