• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Looks good! Strange that gunsmiths don’t wanna do this when it seems like it was fairly easily done by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          Looks good! Strange that gunsmiths don’t wanna do this when it seems like it was fairly easily done by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I assume that the inner framework in the Benelli stock is not in others . Benelli having the third hole in that frame work and KickEez having a replacement pad that lined up with it made it much more easy than having to use JB weld/wood and create my own mount holes. I could have cut off another inch using that third hole and been fine with this pad. Technically, with what I cutoff, I could have used the original holes as well with another pad. I might have needed a shorter bottom screw there but it would have been useable.

Comment

Nice work Jason!

Comment

Nice work, Jason!

Comment

Thanks fellas...

Comment

I know this might be hard to believe, but I need to do this to ALL my guns!

I could never imagine how the grind to fit pads would look. That's what's kept me from doing them. You may have inspired me to do them now.

Nice work, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    I know this might be hard to believe, but I need to do this to ALL my guns!

I could never imagine how the grind to fit pads would look. That's what's kept me from doing them. You may have inspired me to do them now.

Nice work, Jason!

LMAO....

You're welcome ....With you wood working and taxidermy attention to detail along with your tools, it would be a piece of cake for you I bet. The good thing is once you get the gun right, the recoil pad can be messed up and it'll only cost another $40 to start again. Once I got the gun side done I was breathing easier..

This video and guy were very helpful. I really liked where he said "practice on the outside silver. You don't have to get good until you get to the scribe line." And I just just that...... I took my time spinning it around practicing in the silver and finished it up by the line. My pad is thinner than most. But it was just like my stock pad thickness wise. I didn't want to have to cut off anymore gun than I wanted to. With as little as I had to take off, 120 was the heaviest grit used and went to 240 as i got closer to the scribe line. Then pulled out the 300 and 400 grit sand blocks and wet sanded /polished did the rest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMgWQOIdks"]KICK-EEZ youtube - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by Smart; 11-03-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X