We have a real life Lassie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a real life Lassie

Kimber, our 2 year old that I rescued, might be a real life Lassie... or at least she had a Lassie type moment last night. I had let the dogs out in the backyard last night and when I went to let them back in I realized one of the kids had left one of the gates unlatched. Of course, Beaux (our Boxer) and Kimber went exploring. I took my truck and made the rounds looking and so did my wife. I gave up after a little while and figured they'd come back in a bit and probably be a mess from playing in the creek. My wife made another round and called me. She said she found Kimber by herself on the road near the lake close to one of the spots I like to fish but she wouldn't load up and keeps crying. She refused to move closer to her car and kept running down toward the lake. By the time I hopped in my truck and made it down there, my wife was walking up from the lake edge with my soaking wet Boxer in tow. He had fallen over the bulkhead and couldn't get out. There was no light near the water and he was holding on to a cross brace on the backside of the bulkhead and was exhausted. My wife spotted him with her cell phone light. He would have drowned if Kimber wouldn't have refused to load up and would not have insisted on leading my wife down to the lake. I thought it was pretty awesome that she wasn't going to leave her buddy behind.

I rescued Kimber while bowhunting 2 years ago. She was a starving, wormy, 10-12 week old pup that someone had dumped. Being the softy that I am I couldn't leave her so I brought her home intending on finding her a home. Well, you see how that worked out! She has been an awesome dog. She is extremely smart and well behaved, and never had an accident in the house, even as a pup. We believe she is an Australian Cattle Dog and Retriever mix from the pics we can find online but we really aren't sure. Just thought I'd share what I thought was a cool thing that she did last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201103-063346_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	25230498

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201103-063328_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	552.1 KB
ID:	25230499

Great story, dogs are dogs best friends too! And rescued dogs seem to be some of the best.

Glad your boxer is safe.

Comment

Awesome story Josh! That dog paid you back for the great thing you did for it giving it a great home!

Comment

Good dog!

You got a Motley Crew of dogs there.

Comment

That's just too cool...…………..

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Great story, dogs are dogs best friends too! And rescued dogs seem to be some of the best.

Glad your boxer is safe.
            Thanks. Yah she has turned out to be a good one.

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Awesome story Josh! That dog paid you back for the great thing you did for it giving it a great home!
            I guess I'm a sucker Mike. I just couldn't bring myself to leave her up there to starve.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Good dog!

You got a Motley Crew of dogs there.
            Sure do lol. We were supposed to only have one dog and somehow we have 3.

Comment

Give her steak for dinner tonight.

Comment

Great pup!

Comment

Great story
                  Agree on the steak reward.

Comment

Great story ! Glad the boxer was safe and sound. I like most dogs more than most people

Comment

Great story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great dog! They are truly "man's best friend".

Comment

You got a good one there!

Comment

I needed a feel good story, today! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great Story. 2020 Needs more good stories like this!

Comment

Working...
                              X