No announcement yet.

Feeder time change on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need a design a feeder timer that automatically switches to daylight savings time. Think of all the stress, gas money, and silly posts we could save with just that one small feature.

I'll never forget a guy that I knew drove all the way to his lease (about six hour drive) to change his feeders so they would go off at daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Lol. Yes it will. If it was set to go off 30 minutes after daylight, if you leave it alone it will still go off 30 minutes after daylight. If your comment was sarcastic, I apologize lol. Not knowing some of y'all personally, it's hard to detect sarcasm sometimes through text.
      You'll are actually both right.

The feeder will still go off 30 minutes after daylight if you leave it alone. However, the clock itself, will display the wrong time. Does that matter, not really.

The only thing we ever did with feeder times concerning this time of year is occasionally, we would make minor adjustments to account for the actual days getting shorter.

Comment

I have been waiting on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I set mine forward 5 hours ahead 2 years ago. Good to go for 3 more years.

Fall back on the real time and spring ahead on the feed time.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
            You'll are actually both right.

The feeder will still go off 30 minutes after daylight if you leave it alone. However, the clock itself, will display the wrong time. Does that matter, not really.

The only thing we ever did with feeder times concerning this time of year is occasionally, we would make minor adjustments to account for the actual days getting shorter.
            I do this as well to account for the shortening of the days. They start out at 7am, then I change to 7:15am, and then 7:30am.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              I adjust my feeder time every 3 weeks or so from September thru November only due to the shortening of the day.

Same here during season (longer during the offseason) which is why when I get to the lease, I will be changing the clock time like we do every year. We adjust the feed times (if needed) on Sunday before we leave to be right for the next time we plan on coming up. Much easier to keep up with using the sunrise/sunset app if the clock times match the phone app going forward. And no we don't make a special trip to switch the clocks back..we just switch em when we are there.

Comment

Does no one else change their feeder times year around? I adjust my feeding times by around 15 minutes every time I fill feeders (around once a month) in order to keep the feedings ~20 minutes before sunrise, and ~1.5 hours before sunset...

I do change the actual time when time changes just for sanity, but I also adjust the feeding times by an hour in the same direction.
                Last edited by 44mAG; 10-28-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Does no one else change there feeder times year around? I adjust my feeding times by around 15 minutes every time I fill feeders (around once a month) in order to keep the feedings ~20 minutes before sunrise, and ~1.5 hours before sunset...

I do change the actual time when time changes just for sanity, but I also adjust the feeding times by an hour in the same direction.

Yup....see above. It s much easier to keep up with if the clock time matches the phone app time.

Comment

For the East Texas guys--- Don't forget the game cameras... You don't want them to take the pictures at the wrong times and "miss" the deer. LOL

Comment

Does this time change affect all deer or just HF/LF deer? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Do I need to adjust my dawn/dusk feeders too?

Comment

I just left my covers open this year so the deer can adjust it for themselves. They gotta learn to do some stuff for themselves. I ain't always gonna be here ya know.....oh wait thats the speech for my kids. Dang, guess I'm headed to the lease on Sunday! [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            Do I need to adjust my dawn/dusk feeders too?
                            we just turn the timer over in those and it corrects itself

Comment

just use hand corn...problem solved!

Comment

I use a photocell now because I forgot to change my time and it cost me my target buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X