No announcement yet.

Good fixed blade knife - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kinda biased towards my own![emoji1787][emoji1787] Can't go wrong with any of the custom makers here though![emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
      this

or this

you can easily have a couple of the 2nd link I posted, in case you dull one during use. I own a carbon steel and a stainless version, have not used on deer, but they have skinned a couple of other animals though.

Of course, the custom knives the guys sell on here look pretty good, but I would hate to lose one of their works of art in the field.
      Mora is all I use, it feels very good in the hand and the price is right. I am looking for a 6" boning knife now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
        Here's a PM I got on Facebook from a customer that's bought several of my skinners. He gave this knife to a friend. That one is my model # 105

[ATTACH]979816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]979817[/ATTACH]
        I own several Janks, you wont be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate a knife that won't stay sharp all season long so I made me a super knife
          It ain't very big but it don't need to be to clean a hog or deer. I've processed a truck load of deer in my lifetime with nothing but a 2 blade case trapper but they all needed sharpening after one animal. This one don't. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.pan...0951296581828/

Comment

I've got an ammo can FULL of knives I've experimented with. Only a small handful have withstood the test of time.

Couple STIC knives - one finger skinner and one long blade along with my Hen & Rooster trapper. These three are always in my pack for cleaning deer.

I will also say that I've cleaned more deer using only a trapper spey blade than all of my other knives combined. Having the "tip" of the spey blade completely sharp around the bend (removing the "point") helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              I hate a knife that won't stay sharp all season long[/url]
              Honestly that’s how I feel about my benchmade. Hours on the stone and can’t get it back to factory. Have pretty much made me switch to the havalon entirely. Haven’t looked back. Won’t buy another benchmade.

Comment

If you want to come see the Damascus in progress, that could be arranged.

That said, Damascus isn’t magic “, but is as good as what it’s made from.

A lot of us make adequate fixed blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  I hate a knife that won't stay sharp all season long so I made me a super knife
                  It ain't very big but it don't need to be to clean a hog or deer. I've processed a truck load of deer in my lifetime with nothing but a 2 blade case trapper but they all needed sharpening after one animal. This one don't. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.pan...0951296581828/

Comment

Gene Ingram -
                    Please note he's approx 1-2 year wait

geneingramknives.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, geneingramknives.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

[QUOTE=coachk;14502762]I'm kinda biased towards my own![emoji1787][emoji1787] Can't go wrong with any of the custom makers here though![emoji16][emoji106]

Ben makes a hell of a knife. Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Knives of Alaska
                        Yeah this is the gold standard

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          Honestly that’s how I feel about my benchmade. Hours on the stone and can’t get it back to factory. Have pretty much made me switch to the havalon entirely. Haven’t looked back. Won’t buy another benchmade.
                          ??? Just send it in they will resharpen.. think you just pay shipping if that

Comment

Use the extra money on a better scope or something. I cleaned, skinned and processed a deer and gutted and skinned a red deer hind before it needed sharpening. Best value in knives bar none in my opinion.
                            Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-12-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

More of a steel agruement. Sv30 for me

Comment

Working...
                              X