Anyone ski new mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ski new mexico?

Wife wants to go ski/ snowboard. I've never been so what kinda costs am I looking at for new mexico? We would drive there maybe 4 or 5 days to stay my wife, daughter and I. Any info helps. Even on places to go in NM. Thanks

Yes. I like angel fire a lot. Red river is ok but a little more icey in areas from my experience.

Comment

How is it cost wise? What would I be looking at spending?

Comment

Depends on where you go. Figure $250 per person per day for lift tickets, rentals, lessons and lunch. This does not include lodging

Comment

Santa Fe and Taos have been my favorites to ski in New Mexico so far. All depends on the quality/quantity of snow they get, so some years are better than others for some spots in NM.

Comment

I'll bet it runs $3k or so.

Comment

Thanks. Keep the info coming.

Comment

We were in Santa Fe over New Years this past year. Ski Santa Fe was packed and there was a wait to get in. We rented skis in Santa Fe and drove to Parajito just outside Los Alamos. It’s a small ski area but the price was cheap and there were no lines or crowds. If I remember right their rentals were cheaper than the shop we rented from in Santa Fe. For the price I’d go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New Mexico snow is usually artificial, not a whole lot of powder usually. No where near as good as Colorado. That being said, I'd definitely ski Red River or Ruidoso again. It's relatively close and it's never a horrible time skiing.

Comment

Fan of Angel Fire. Ive been there numerous times. Cost will be dependant upon when you go.

Comment

I would drive 1.5-2 hours past Taos and hit Purgatory, just outside Durango, CO. A LOT more to see and do in the area.

Comment

Was thinking end of december first of jan

Comment

Just across the border into Colorado is Wolf Creek.
                          Much better skiing than any place in NM and a really good ski school for the kids

Comment

Ill second driving to Colorado. Ive been skiing Colorado since i was a kid and usually better quality snow from what ive heard from people who go to New Mexico

Comment

Skied Taos a few times. Not an easy mountain. Greens at Taos are about the same difficulty as blues elsewhere. IIRC it all funnels into one run at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X