Old cowboy saying about lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old cowboy saying about lessons

There's an old cowboy saying that Will Rogers said - When giving a horse or a dog a lesson in meanness, don't be surprised if he learns it.

Lots of truth right there, Boys.

I've often pondered why so many young people don't value being an American and the divide between cultures continues to grow. People laugh when young adults don't know how many stripes or stars are on the flag or what they represent. The laugh when the youngsters don't know the 3 branches of government or what the term "separation of powers" means. Of what the Bill of Rights is unless it is freedom of the press.

Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams believed the reason history classes should be taught was to instill pride and unity in a country. And somewhere in the last 50 years someone lost sight of that and thought black history should be taught to instill pride in being black and that there was no place for people of all races in "white history". The thing is, our country doesn't have white history. We are and always have been a culture that was a melting pot of all other cultures. We welcomed all cultures to join a new culture founded on individualism, individual liberty and individual freedoms (see the Bill of Rights - yes all of them), not races and income classes. A culture where an individual can achieve the dreams God placed in his head and heart.

By focusing history classes on individual cultures we've lost sight of the pride of our country, being falsely impressed that adhering to individual racial culture was more important than adhering to individual freedom and achievements. By teaching separatist history, we should not be surprised to learn that our culture has learned its lesson.

After listening to Trump's speech yesterday, I'm hopeful our schools will get back to teaching why this country of individualism is so important.

Not unlike everything else, education went downhill when the feds got involved.

Comment

I feel you my friend.Its hard to watch how values,morality,appreciation,or just a sense of personal respect and pride have dissolved right in front of us.Not just politically or nationally but on a world wide scale.Im for from perfect but I try and live for God family and friends.I try and earn my keep every day.I don’t know how so many can live like they do and sleep at night.I know it’s the devil he causes so much division and disunity and then he fertilizes it.Jesus is going to set matters straight sooner than later imo and I worry there is going to be so many that are going to be caught off guard even though the signs are all around us.Rev12:12 sums it up good woe for the earth because the devil has been cast down and he knows his time is short.I pray for my community our country and the whole world we’re in unprecedented times and we have a fight for ourselves our loved ones and our neighbors.So keep up the good work my fellow bro’s and sisters it’s a worthy cause and dang it if cooler weather and hunting season is here to make life a little more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Not unlike everything else, education went downhill when the feds got involved.

More precisely when the libs took
        Control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Who was it that said history was written by the wealthy?

We are a melting pot from the beginning and my family has been in-country since the 1400’s. “Welcome” isn’t reflected in historical documents, family documents, nor stories and I’m “white”.

Our founders did have a good theory in place but it sure has its limitations for many folk. Thomas Jefferson didn’t believe in the resurrection of Christ so he was definitely flawed.

It ain’t a pretty history for most of us Americans, many hispanics really have reason to gripe more so than blacks concerning western history. The truth is most of us scratch and claw for a living and many soldiers have died vein fighting conflicts for the big money folk that were funding or supplying both sides.

I disagree the divide between cultures continues to grow but I do think they get highlighted more to further the agenda of the same folk they should be rebellious against but are too stupid to know better. I do agree the concept of our Nation should be taught and understood.

Does anyone know what “California” means in latin? Has anyone ever read the papers of the Lewis and Clark Expedition concerning fires on the west coast. We are so ignorant as a society on every level. Yet the left uses the current fires for their agenda.
          Last edited by Johnny44; 09-18-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X