This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Horn’s personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.
    Todd Orlando is trying to build a defense around call matching instead of teaching fundamentals and a base defensive look. Call matching means he is trying to beat the opposing OC's play call with his play call. There is nothing specifically wrong with that, but Texas does not have a base call alignment to fall back on.

What that leads to is players that don't understand exactly what their role is in the defense. Either Orlando sends them on a blitz or they drop back and cover (for the back 7 or 8 guys), but they do so without understanding what their duties are when they see something unfamiliar.

Riley beat Texas by formation and alignment 90% of the downs on Saturday. When you see a linebacker covering CeeDee Lamb, the defensive coordinator just got pantsed. That happened several times.

Anyway, Orlando got pantsed (and this happened several times last year as well). It is hard for the players to be physical and fast if they don't know what to do or where they should be.

Injuries and young players all over the back 7 were also contributory to what went on, but Orlando knew coming in that they were going to be young and inexperienced at CB and LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      It worked for you once. Keep trying. lol.
      Dead serious, just like last week. I truly thought Texas would win. I watched them play LSU just like you did. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        LSU's defense is a concern. They have the talent. But, their scheme in the first half of every game will catch up to them eventually. Alabama's defense isn't as good nor deep as it has been either.

Right now Oklahoma looks like the best team.
        This is my opinion. Not sure they have the most talent, but they have the best coached team to this point in the season.

Comment

Alabama is not as deep on defense for sure but I am not sure that they are not faster. I was very impressed with the secondary speed and the speed of the two freshman linebackers. While there may not be a first round draft pick in the DL, there are some grown men that look the part and were 4 or 5 star recruits. I look for the front seven to improve as the season progresses as that is what a Saban coached team does.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
            BAMA has the Third Saturday game against a Tennessee team with renewed spirit. To me the only team with a clear road in is Clemson and OU once they are ranked top four.
            They will both be top 4 when the first poll comes out barring any hiccup. These polls don't make a flip.....

Comment

While I grew up hearing the next game is always the most important, I have noticed a lot of room in the line for avatar challenges for November 9, 2019!
              I was expecting set the record.

Well just give me one point over the VOLS.

Comment

We have Utah Saturday. Last I checked they are favored by 12.5. They have a top 10 defense and top 25 offense. We beat them last year but I will be surprised if we do it this year. Team keeps finding ways to win but it can't happen every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  I was at the A&M-Bama game on Saturday and must say that the much better team won the game. Aggies could not match Bama's speed especially at the wideouts, secondary or special teams. I have been going to games there since 1974 and will say that there is no doubt that Jimbo has them playing hard, similar to the days of Jackie Sherrill. He needs another class or two before he can compete with the likes of Alabama, Auburn and LSU. While I loved the old SWC, must admit that there is a certain magic in attending games in the SEC and glad that we made the move. Games with over 100,000 in the stands and that many more outside the stadium is crazy.
                  The Bama-LSU game should be a great one. At this time, I feel while both offenses are going to score, I give the edge to Bama's defense. All of that can change with a few key injuries like Texas is experiencing.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  10 4 . .

It just means more . .

Comment

Hook'em Horns!

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      We have Utah Saturday. Last I checked they are favored by 12.5. They have a top 10 defense and top 25 offense. We beat them last year but I will be surprised if we do it this year. Team keeps finding ways to win but it can't happen every weekend.
                      I think Utah is the best coached team in the PAC but their QB is suspect. They are basically TCU West. I think yall gonna take care of business, big game for sure!!!

Comment

Texas has played 4 top 25 offenses already. They held the #1 offense to 110 yards less than it's season average.

Searching for positives. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-14-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

LSU ran 48 plays against a highly touted defense and scored 42 points. Not bad.

Florida ran 82.

Geaux Tigahs!

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            I am glad to see Herm win. Many... I think maybe you said he would not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              LSU ran 48 plays against a highly touted defense and scored 42 points. Not bad.

Florida ran 82.

Geaux Tigahs!
                              Florida ran almost twice as many plays?

Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                                While I grew up hearing the next game is always the most important, I have noticed a lot of room in the line for avatar challenges for November 9, 2019!

I was expecting set the record.

Well just give me one point over the VOLS.

Go ahead and send mine if you can find the keys to the filing cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X