• Show
Clear All

Metamorphosis of a buck

Click image for larger version

Name:	1491436F-ABD6-4752-A199-82417ECFF7C2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	25193106

I am pretty sure this buck is at least 7.5. Last year he was a typical 10 with a kicker on his G2 on the right side, making him an 11. His G4’s were not real strong and I really wanted one of the grands to take him, however that did work out and he survived the season. Fast forward to this year, he is a typical 8 with double drops (he has one on the left side equal to the one on the right). Quite a change in conformation.

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
    [ATTACH]975145[/ATTACH]

I am pretty sure this buck is at least 7.5. Last year he was a typical 10 with a kicker on his G2 on the right side, making him an 11. His G4’s were not real strong and I really wanted one of the grands to take him, however that did work out and he survived the season. Fast forward to this year, he is a typical 8 with double drops (he has one on the left side equal to the one on the right). Quite a change in conformation.
    Can’t wait to see the LDP
    Is there a specific reason you know it’s the same deer?
    No doubting you , just curious.

Comment

They do crazy stuff with age! Even the so called "culls" that are killed every year at 2 and 3 never get to express their full potential. Cool pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Can’t wait to see the LDP
        Is there a specific reason you know it’s the same deer?
        No doubting you , just curious.
        I am high fenced so I pretty muck know every buck on the place. Because of the age of this buck, he is the only one that fits.

Comment

Cant wait to hear the harvest story

Comment

Crazy to hear such a drastic change in structure. I know different events and nutritional changes have an impact, I wonder if there was anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              Crazy to hear such a drastic change in structure. I know different events and nutritional changes have an impact, I wonder if there was anything like that.
              The only thing that i did different nutritionally was to feed only cottonseed from the middle of January until the middle of March. Then I switched back to cottonseed and pelletized protein. We also had great spring rains which I am sure had some impact overall. Having said this, I really believe it has more to do with age than anything else.

Comment

That is awesome to those old bruisers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A26AE8C1-E06F-478D-BE87-0A71BC2D70DA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24595849

Front pic from the other day.

Comment

Working...
                  X