Finally got a lever action rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a lever action rifle

Been wanting a lever action for as long as I can remember (probably from watching The Rifleman w my grandad), just never pulled the trigger on one. Theres one in the classifieds that I was contemplating but it's a bit far away. Happened to check a Facebook group I'm a part of and a guy that I made a knife for a couple weeks ago had an almost new looking Marlin jm stamped 30-30 w a Nikon 2x7 scope on it he was wanting to sell...well, I pulled the trigger this time! Going to meet him Saturday to pick it up!!! Cant wait!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Love my 30-30. Feral hogs however do not like my 30-30. Contemplating on a little customization to it, I'd love to put Red dot on it, and maybe a rail so I can attach a light so shoot pigs at night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my levers. 444 and 30-30. Just plan fun to Carry and shoot. Have a red dot in my 30-30 and ghost sights on the 444.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Just don’t start picking them up like stray cats like some of us do.

Congrats !

Comment

Very nice and congratulations,

Comment

When I was doing custom load workups, a customer brought me a Marlin lever gun in .45-70 for a load workup. Wanted 300-gr Berger bullets with the hollow cavity (not hollow point) design. I worked up a load and it was a ham slammer for sure. The max charge load for the Marlin lever gun was stout and first time I shot it I had to go to the dentist to get a broken bridge repaired! I told the customer "either put a recoil pad on it or I'm done". A week later and a nice cushiony pad and it wasn't bad to shoot unless you happened to be a feral hog.

Comment

Great setup. Congrats, you're going to love it.

Comment

Working...
              X