Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Garmin Inreach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Inreach

Hey Guys,

My brother and I are finally taking our dad on the elk hunt we’ve all tried to make happen for several years. OTC Archery in CO. Couple of family moves, job changes and open heart surgeries between our crew and we are finally making it happen.

We are hoping to borrow/rent 2 Garmin InReach or InReach Minis for our trip (comms for family and SOS in case Dad has an issue or anyone really). We would happily pay the monthly rental fee and an appropriate rental fee as well. We are leaving Texas on Sept 19 and returning around the 25/26. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the SOS insurance /GOES coverage is transferable that way. It might be, but I would double check. I know when I brought my SPOT to Alaska I had to register each person on the plan for a year. Just FYI...

You could always rent a sat phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      I don’t think the SOS insurance /GOES coverage is transferable that way. It might be, but I would double check. I know when I brought my SPOT to Alaska I had to register each person on the plan for a year. Just FYI...

You could always rent a sat phone.
      It doesn’t but in CO you prepaid for search and rescue when you buy a tag

Comment

I have one (Garmin Explorer) over in Hallettsville that you're welcome to use. Not sure on setting up or transferring accounts, but I'm sure we can figure out something.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Here’s info from the Garmin site.

It can be done but is rather complicated including setup fees etc.

Garmin Support Center is where you will find answers to frequently asked questions and resources to help with all of your Garmin products.

Comment

I have a spot gen 2. Has an sos function I think the subscription is around $100. You can have it if you want to pay shipping shouldn’t be much. Do some research an PM me if you want it. I never used it picked it up on rokslide

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I have one (Garmin Explorer) over in Hallettsville that you're welcome to use. Not sure on setting up or transferring accounts, but I'm sure we can figure out something.
              Thank you Michael! (I'm the brother) I reckon we can figure it out and really appreciate your gesture.

Hopefully we can find 1 more and can cover a rental fee $$ and elk steaks!

Comment

You can rent sat phones for about $150.

Comment

I have a inreach you guys can borrow also .
                  Just used it in Colorado and it worked great ..

Comment

Working...
                  X