Moultrie Game Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie Game Cameras

I just got off of the phone with Moultrie about a camera that is not working. I was told that Moultrie does not work on (i.e, repair) cameras any longer. If a camera is past the two year warranty period it is up to the owner to find someone to repair the camera. I feel that a policy like that is absolutly crazy.

Are all of the camera companies like that? Is this something specific to Moultrie?

I sent 3 back a few years ago and was told the same thing. They offered 20% off new cam. Always got lots of false triggers with moultrie when they were
    operational.

Comment

I've been slowly phasing my moultrie cameras out but haven't found something to replace em with that I'm comfortable with

Comment

Bushnell will insert dry also, moultrie back in the day had better CS than that.

Comment

I used to use their game spy system. They sent me 2 free cameras when mine, (3 years old) quit working. They have a new game spy system, that uses Verizon now, used to use AT&T.

Comment

I called them yesterday to try and get the 50% off and free shipping they offered about 6 months ago due to a camera not working. I was told there was no record of it and then he sat on the phone and didn't say a word. After a few awkward seconds of silence he asked if he could do anything else to help me. When I told him I had 2 other cameras that have since stopped working, thinking he would offer the discount again, crickets again.

Now that I think about it, it was a rather weird call.

Comment

I've taken moultrie cameras back to academy and they will replace it. Buddy did it with a 3 year old camera and they still took it back, even tho the packaging says "Stop! Do not return to store"

Comment

Love my M888's. Have 4 of them with the power panels. Solid pic quality and 99% battery life

Comment

Same experience here. I have about 10 various Moultrie cams - good battery life, but just like all cams - they work for a while, then they don't.

The best cheaper camera I have found are those 10MP Browning Strike Force cams. Great pics, awesome battery life on 6 AA's, and about $110 bucks online. Don't know about their CS, but haven't had to test it yet.

Comment

most of the companies will not repair any longer - Primos will not - Cuddeback won't even talk to you

Comment

Considering labor costs and the fact the cams are made overseas, there is no way a company is going to offer a repair service. I love the old cuddeback capture models, and still have one that works although the screen is half-way dead. I've had the best luck with Primos 60 models, and have 2 that are 3+ years old, one of which has run continuously for those 3 years. Wish they still made them. And, instead of putting money into more and more pixels, put it into quality components.

Comment

If a camera is past the two year warranty period it is up to the owner to find someone to repair the camera. I feel that a policy like that is absolutly crazy.
                        I consider myself extremely fortunate to get 2 years out of a game cam.
                        2 year warranty is a good deal.
                        Bushnell and Primos are only one year.

Comment

Got an A-5 I have had for 4 yrs. At the house for now, still takes great pics. Think I paid under $50 for it.
                          So who still does repair work?
                          Attached Files

Comment

part of the problem is the texas heat - it chews up these cameras and batteries - it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                              I consider myself extremely fortunate to get 2 years out of a game cam.
                              2 year warranty is a good deal.
                              Bushnell and Primos are only one year.
                              X2

I've used a few different cameras, but at least in my experience for cameras in the $100-300 range, I'm happy if I get 2-3 seasons out of them. I've had a couple Moultries crap out in year 2 while a couple others have now gone 4 seasons.

I think it's just the heat, humidity, rain, etc, that's not good for them. Also, I typically don't leave mine out all year. I will pull them at the end of the season and take out the batteries, clean them up, etc.

A 2 year warranty on a fairly inexpensive game cam is a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X