Loan estimate/ closing cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan estimate/ closing cost

Hey guys I'm in contract to buy a house and looking through all these fees and charges in the closing costs of my loan estimate. I'm sure a few of you here on TBH are experts with this stuff or have a lot more experience than I do. Are there any fees that are complete sucker charges that I need to push to be removed? Any general advise you can give on things to do or look out for in this process would be appreciated

Thanks!

Yes, advice is to talk with your Realtor. Don't get me wrong, some guys might have some advice, but I liken it to those asking for advice about their, lets just say criminal charges. Internet attorneys can tell you this and that, and well, they really should be listening to their legal counsel. Saw it once where client fired his attorney based on information from Internet attorney wannabe, and got the max sentence instead of what his attorney had negotiated for with the DA.

Same with Realtor. Listen to them, ask them to explain the why, and if they don't have the answer, they should get it for you.

But that's just my opinion as a 30-year LEO, 6-year PI and 2-year Realtor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

About every fee associated w buying a house is completely negotiable. If u have good credit, dont pay points, dont pay a loan origination fee etc. Evey fee is different from every loan company, but in the end theyre all negotiable or shopable. The question is are you willing to shop for a better mortgage or are you already geting a good deal? You are gona have fees but i would talk them down or hold off until you have better information.

Comment

Pay attention to the loan origination, points, processing, underwriting, bank type fees. That's where they get most people.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
              About every fee associated w buying a house is completely negotiable. If u have good credit, dont pay points, dont pay a loan origination fee etc. Evey fee is different from every loan company, but in the end theyre all negotiable or shopable. The question is are you willing to shop for a better mortgage or are you already geting a good deal? You are gona have fees but i would talk them down or hold off until you have better information.
              This!

Comment

Ended up getting a second estimate informing each of the lenders about the other one. They each did the negotiating for me as they kept trying to beat the other and the fees just magically came off in the end saved a ton and got a good deal.

Special thanks to Austin for reaching out and offering his expertise.

Comment

Good to know!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                    About every fee associated w buying a house is completely negotiable. If u have good credit........
                    Without getting too sidetracked, what is considered "good" credit?

Comment

720 + usually used to be 700. And have a good sizeable income. And no crazy debt to income ratio.

Comment

Appreciate it. I always wondered where I stood.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X