Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Short Hunt, Exciting Track After Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read. Cool to see the pets help.

Comment

Any new bucks showing up Michael? My dad finally got a few new faces show in past 2 weeks 5 miles down the road from you. It's been a weird season for him so far.

Comment

Sweet! Great write up. Congrats.

Comment

Nice!

This is why I urge people to video their shots. Deer move faster than the eye can see. Video usually gives enough data to know what to do instead of guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
            Great write up! congrats on finding the doe. I would be giving my pups some extra treats for that
            They definitely got a few choice pieces of trim!
            Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
            Good read. Cool to see the pets help.
            I've never worked them for trailing (or anything else for that matter ) but I know they have good noses. The little one has "trailed" me to my stand before after I thought I slipped out undetected! I won't say they "tracked" the deer, but I don't think I would have found her without them. They pushed her enough to make her open back up so I could get back on the trail. I also doubt I would have found her if she would have been dead at that point because she was hidden in some pretty thick stuff.

Now that they know what the "prize" is, they'll naturally be a little better at following a trail.
            Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
            Any new bucks showing up Michael? My dad finally got a few new faces show in past 2 weeks 5 miles down the road from you. It's been a weird season for him so far.
            So far only one young 6 and a nubbin on trail cam. My main priority was to get a doe during the archery season, so I'm happy about that!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Nice!

This is why I urge people to video their shots. Deer move faster than the eye can see. Video usually gives enough data to know what to do instead of guessing.
              I agree, although sometimes video can be deceiving.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats Michael

Comment

Good one right there! I bet those back straps will be tasty!

Comment

Fine work boss man.

I feel ya on the deer. I had 4-5 decent deer all summer which left a few days before season started. I believe they simply went home when the Live Oaks starting producing in the area.

The only good news is two of the younger deer which I hoped would live have stuck around.

Comment

That was a fun read. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Comment

Nice work Michael!

Comment

nice, thanks for the story. the older we get, none of the drags are "easy"....

Comment

Every deer with a bow is a trophy. Your story proves it. Congratulations!

Comment

Distance? Head up or down when the arrow was released?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                Every deer with a bow is a trophy. Your story proves it. Congratulations!
                                I believe this. Thanks!
                                Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                                Distance? Head up or down when the arrow was released?
                                18 yards, head down.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X