Extreme tar removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme tar removal

I have a very large amount of tar caked onto my truck. It's very thick and all over the sides and running boards. I have run the truck through a car wash, hand washed it, used rain x bug and tar remover, power washer...

What do yall use?

i had that happen before and they is a spray can stuff you can get that takes off tar. It may take several cans, but it will take off the tar.

Comment

Wd-40

Comment

Karna Klean. It will take it off faster than anything. It is made by Karnak that makes roofing products as an asphalt cleaner for the roofing industry. We use lots of it.

Comment

Diesel...

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
            Karna Klean. It will take it off faster than anything. It is made by Karnak that makes roofing products as an asphalt cleaner for the roofing industry. We use lots of it.
            Where do they sell this stuff?

Comment

I’ve used Kroil on small amounts of tar with success. Won’t harm auto paint. Most of the time I’ve had to order it online from Kano Laboratories in Tennessee. Kroil is a well known penetrating oil. Comes in spray cans, squirt cans, and larger amounts.

Comment

I just cleaned my trucks with bug and tar remover and and scrubed it with a magic eraser. Worked great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  I’ve used Kroil on small amounts of tar with success. Won’t harm auto paint. Most of the time I’ve had to order it online from Kano Laboratories in Tennessee. Kroil is a well known penetrating oil. Comes in spray cans, squirt cans, and larger amounts.

It’s the best penetrant on the market. It’s pricey but worth it. Never thought about using it to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                    I use this to clean my DW 1911 barrel per DW Mfg recommendation, don't know about tar, but works great and is well known on for use on firearms and could certainly see how it might work. I buy it on Amazon

Comment

GOJO. Rub it in real good let it set for an hour or so then go to the carwash. Work for a seal coat company we buy GOJO by the pallets.

Comment

Diesel in a pump up sprayer will dissolve it pretty fast.

Comment

old fashion charcoal lighter fluid (kerosene) tar and bugs too

Comment

WD-40 or diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
                              GOJO. Rub it in real good let it set for an hour or so then go to the carwash. Work for a seal coat company we buy GOJO by the pallets.
                              Not exactly sure how abrasive GOJO is, but judging by how it feels on my hands, I dont think I would scrub my truck with it.

WD-40 or Diesel should work fine. Just be sure to wear gloves so your hands dont reek .

Comment

Working...
                              X