How far is your walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle hunting 30ish yards
    Bow hunting 200-400 yards (unless dropped off)

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      I’m gonna start sitting on the deck of my cabin. Saw more deer from the deck than I did sitting in the stand.
      My last 3 deer have been from my back porch. 130-140 class east Texas bucks. Before I got off of my east Texas and Hill country leases the deer were almost running over me in the buggy as I was Corning the roads with the road feeder. Would park the buggy behind some bushes 15 yards or so from the stand and have deer walk right up to the buggy smelling the road feeder. So it is whatever the deer get accustomed to. I was lucky enough I could corn everyday at one lease and would spend 2-3 weeks straight at the other.

Comment

The stand I hunt most often...about 100ish yards. When it moves it'll be more like 150.

Comment

Guess you need to test out the distance. If the deer see your truck, your busted and they will probably turn around. That's why these guys park so far away. So, you can roll the dice and park at the feeder or get some exercise.

Comment

I want to know who here has parked within 50 yards of a bow stand and killed a 150 inch deer or bigger low fence! I park anywhere from 250 to 700 yards, just depends on the stand and ranch.

Comment

I just hunt out of the ranger!

Comment

Mine is about 3/4 mile. Deer won't come closer to the road because the horses chase them away.

Comment

it all just depends on wind and where I think the deer are bedded...…...

I have a rifle stand looking down a sendero and I park 50 yards away.

I have three bow stands that are all the same intentionally I just walk from my truck and its about 400yards.

the worst walk I have is because the deer are sensitive to ATV or trucks. At that stand I walk about 1200 yards OR when I can get help I have my dad put a round bale on his forks and drive his tractor by the base of the tree. I step off the side of his tractor and he drives away.

Comment

On public land it's a 1.2 Mile hike into my primary stand. About 150 yards on private.

Comment

About 140 yards. Wish it were longer.

Comment

its is usually a 30-35 minute walk to the spot I like to hunt from camp. I don't know what that is in yardage terms

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Last place I was hunting it was a half mile. Then moved and it was a 10 minute walk. Much better.
                          Those are the same thing at a brisk walking pace. lol

Comment

The main spot I hunted the last couple years is 1.5 miles the route I take. Shortest would be about 3/4 mile but I bust up deer getting in that way and make a lot of noise.

Comment

300-700 yrds id say on my 3 sets.

Comment

Depends upon which spot, but, 1/2 to 3/4 mile.... Slip in, slip out..... Slip in very early..... Slip out very late

Comment

Working...
                                X