Any good smiths in Deep South Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good smiths in Deep South Texas?

I’m needing a bedding job done on my rifle and some other small things. I live in the Valley but I don’t mind traveling a bit. I got a hold of Redbeard gunworks but they said they are at 8 weeks turnaround right now. Anyone know or recommend a smith in the lower area of Texas? Thanks

Give Larry Massey a call. He’s got a gun range outside of Brownsville towards Boca Chica beach.

I’ve used his range for a while and my dad recently got a couple of guns fixed with either him or a guy that works with him.

Comment

He’s not Deep South, but Texas Custom Rifles is out of Hobson. Travis does **** fine work.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        He’s not Deep South, but Texas Custom Rifles is out of Hobson. Travis does **** fine work.
        3.5 hours away, might have to make the trip if he ain’t to busy.

Comment

Never mind they’re backed up for at least 3 months.

Comment

Most reputable gun smiths have a pretty long back log.

Comment

Yea I know I was hoping they could squeeze in a bedding job and scope install. Both places I talked to are working on custom builds before doing and Smith work which I totally understand.

Comment

Johnny's Custom Shop in Pharr. He has 2 passions...building bikes and building rifles.

Comment

I have a good guy in corpus (the bluff to be exact) he’s threaded a couple of my guns, and done some other stuff for me. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Thanks!

Jason Slocum

Comment

Smith

Isnt there a guy in McAllen building pretty good bangsticks?
                    Johhny… something. Has a you tube page.
                    cant remember his name.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqjq8rVp0Q"]Accurized Remington 700 LTR .308 win - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Im late to the post. H-D beat me to it!

Comment

I went ahead and dropped off my rifle today at Redbeard Gun Works in Portland TX. I made the 2.5 hour drive, even though it might take up to 8 weeks to do it. I felt more comfortable with them doing it since they have worked with the kind of rifle setup that I have. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Comment

how did the smith work turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                            how did the smith work turn out?
                            Turned out great I highly recommend them.

Comment

that's good to know. thanks. i'll be trying them out on a rebarrel

Comment

Working...
                              X