Pull Behind Brush Cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull Behind Brush Cutter?

I was wondering if one of the pull behind mowers would take care of this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weeds1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	25190895

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weeds2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	25190896

Its all weeds about 4' tall in about a 4 acre plot. Tired of trying to find someone with a tractor when its dry enough.

All day long. We mow stuff like that all the time. Will mow 2" saplings down like nothing. We have DR pull behind

Comment

Most definitely if it’s a true brush cutter and not just the finish mower.

Comment

Yes. We have a swisher, and that would cause no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          Yes. We have a swisher, and that would cause no issues.

Yes Sir
          Get a Swisher

Comment

Swishers are good for the money. I have used both, but the dr field brush cutter is a better machine hands down. We were lucky to pick up a used one on TBH with 32 hrs and its a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Swishers are good for the money. I have used both, but the dr field brush cutter is a better machine hands down. We were lucky to pick up a used one on TBH with 32 hrs and its a beast!
              Great find! Would love to find a deal like that. Only used ones I can find are the Swishers. For a 44” would a 10.5/11hp be enough?

Comment

I don't know where your located but another option I might look at is a small tractor like a Ford 8N or something similar with a 4 foot 3 point shredder. I've seen several at auctions around here (Red River County) go as a pair for 2K or so give or take. The 8N tractors are easy to maintain and about a 25-30 HP machine. Could easily load them on a 16 foot trailer and pull with a half ton. Most of the (quality) pull behind brush cutters I've seen cost nearly that.

Comment

We rented a walk-behind brush hog from Sunbelt for $100. Worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by rkersh409 View Post
                    Great find! Would love to find a deal like that. Only used ones I can find are the Swishers. For a 44” would a 10.5/11hp be enough?
                    Yes those are great machines and work great. The swishers are really good for the money.

Comment

I bought a Swisher from classifieds a few years ago. Someone had upgraded the motor to a 19 hp and put a 6 gallon gas tank on it.
                      I used it last summer and it worked great on smooth ground. Anything uneven like hog wallows and it would bog down. I need to figure out how to raise the deck a few more inches.
                      When I mowed something like you pictured, I slowed down or made two passes.

Comment

Put a skill saw blade on a weed eater. Take 30 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Put a skill saw blade on a weed eater. Take 30 min.
                          Already have a Stihl cutter blade on my weed eater. But now way going to do 4 acres. LoL

Comment

It will easily cut that stuff....but 4 acres will take a while.

Comment

I used a 44" Swisher pull-behind mower on 3 acres of tall field grass until I bought a 27hp tractor and 4' shredder. The Swisher actually cut it faster than the tractor. For what you have, the finish mower should work just fine. Don't use it for woody brush though. Expect a sore thumb when you're done.

Comment

Working...
                              X