No announcement yet.

Hummingbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a few at the lake here in Oklahoma. One bully that runs everyone off...LOL. Usually have more but with our lakes being flooded most of the summer I haven't been there to keep them filled up.

Comment

We don't feed them, but they have been nonstop in our 4 large hibiscus for the last 2 weeks.

Comment

We just put one out last week. Instantly have 5 or 6 daily, love watching them. Sign of getting older is what our friends say. Lol

Comment

My buddy had this one coming to his feeder pretty regularly at his house in the Woodlands. He believes it was leucistic, and I've tried for 20 mins to upload pictures, sorry.

Comment

Man what am I doing wrong. I haven’t seen one yet . I have a red glass feeder bought the premixed food. Used to mix it my self and add red food coloring and would have several. I even tried a few different spots in my yard. Any pointers would be great .,

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
              Man what am I doing wrong. I haven’t seen one yet . I have a red glass feeder bought the premixed food. Used to mix it my self and add red food coloring and would have several. I even tried a few different spots in my yard. Any pointers would be great .,
              It can take days, weeks, or months before hummingbirds find your yard and start visiting regularly. They need to know that the food sources you provide can be relied upon and are consistent. (Taken off of google)

Comment

I only had 2 up until Sunday. I have had several in the past but with more development and a few nesting trees missing from recent home building they have been scarce. I guess with the weather change, 5 new ones showed up Sunday. I refilled my 3 feeders fresh and they started hammering them.

I now have 7-8 the last 2 days.

There is a crazy video from Lake Fork on a Facebook page I frequent, I would say 50-80 easily feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  We usually go 7-10 days between refills on 2 feeders. As I mentioned, we have a couple of bullies that prevent most other hummingbirds from feeding much. This morning I noticed one of the feeders was completely empty and the other had about 2 ounces left. The last refill only lasted 48 hours.
                  I noticed one of my feeders was completely empty this morning, so I refilled it. When I put it out, they were everywhere waiting on it to be replaced. I hung it up, then put my finger on it, and had 5-6 different hummingbirds land on my finger in the next 5 minutes. The other feeder is constantly guarded by a bully, so it's only 1/2 empty so far. I filled this one to the brim, then we were gone all day. When we got home, I noticed there is only about an inch left. They have drank pretty much the entire feeder full in about 8 hours.

Comment

I was wrong, the feeder was bone dry. I just refilled it, they were happy.

Taken about 10 minutes ago with my phone.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      I was wrong, the feeder was bone dry. I just refilled it, they were happy.

Taken about 10 minutes ago with my phone.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                      👍👍Hope y’all enjoy them as much as we do. Any day now, they’re gonna be ghosts.

Comment

Was cutting hay today and I’ve never seen so many Mississippi Kites. I guess it’s migration time for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Was cutting hay today and I’ve never seen so many Mississippi Kites. I guess it’s migration time for everyone
                          I’ve only recognized 1 Mississippi kite at my house. I need pictures to make sure what I’m looking at.

Comment

Working...
                          X