Geissele or CMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geissele or CMC

I'm going to order a single stage trigger today. An SSP or a Tactical group from CMC. Which is better and why?

Cmc is all i run, dont know bout the other. But cmc's are made in ft.worth...that may help sway u

Comment

All of my ARs run Geiselle Gary but to be fair I’ve never run a CMC in any of my ARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Both on on sale at Brownells. I know a friend has the Geissele and likes it but the CMC is slightly lower in cost, claims a 2.5lb pull vs 3.5 with the Geissele SSP. I'm going to put it in my SBR and if I like it I'll get a second for my carbine. Which honestly gets little carry time with my SBR being as easy to shoot and accurate as it is at normal ranges.

Comment

Both nice. Cmc on sale at primary arms and geiselle on sale on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am really impressed and happy with the Timney 3# drop-in trigger. Its crisp and and light. Allows you to produce tighter groups. The Geiselle trigger was my second choice. Just not as crisp as the Timney.

Comment

The CMC is out of stock. I'm in no hurry so that is no big deal as long as it isn't a long wait, like months.

Comment

I have 3 cmc triggers. Ain't never had an issue.

Comment

i only have tried Geiselle but i have to say its awesome! its the 2 stage flat blade however.

Comment

Neither one can be worse than the one in them although my WW has a better trigger than the Double Eagle lower on my SBR.

Comment

Both Geissele and CMC make a lot of different triggers. Both make very good triggers. Depends on your preferences. I have two Geissele triggers, I really like them, but I have found a CMC trigger at a gun show a few years ago, if I could figure out which trigger it was, I would probably buy one or two. Both companies have at least 15 different triggers, trying to determine which trigger you like the best by a written description is hard. There were some guys out of San Antonio, that had a bunch of demos set up, with a lot of different brand triggers, so you could try them out. That was the smartest thing I have seen. They probably had 30 plus demos set up. I found a CMC trigger they had, that I really want, but have no clue what model that trigger was. I should have written it down, we talked about five different triggers that day. I am not even sure of what two Geissel triggers I have, just know the are one of the many match triggers that Geissel sells.
                      A buddy of my has a Elf brand trigger, that is also a very nice single stage trigger. Once I get good scopes on all of my rifles, I would like to replace all of the triggers in my ARs with nice single stage triggers. But for now, I have some very nice light two stage triggers.

Comment

Why a flat blade over a curved?

Comment

Trigger snob here. I have used just about every AR trigger on the market so I will chime in.

I like CMC, local Texan company with a decent product at the right price point. However, I do occasionally have light strikes with them. I put them in range toys but not hunting rifles for that reason.

Never had an issue with Geiselle but it is a slightly heavier trigger.

Not a fan of elf triggers, they've had multiple batches of triggers with hardening issues. Not a fan of hammers shattering while out hunting.

I started buying hiperfire hipertouch 24s and I will never buy any other single state trigger for an AR15 or AR10. They are incredible. If I had to guess I would say I have close to 20,000 rounds with the hiperfire 24 triggers. Never had a light strike due to hammer energy regardless of the crap ammo I have shot through it. The design on this trigger is fantastic, I encourage you to look them up.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Why a flat blade over a curved?
                            Honestly when i bought it i just bought it for the different factor lol but it does make the same pound trigger feel lighter for some reason. at least to me it does.

Comment

Take a look at the Larue MBT also. Ive been very impressed with them since I started using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X