Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Blue!!! Who has it better than us....Nooooobody!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      ESPN and Fox Sports are angry over the Big 12's expansion plans. My SBJ story with @SmittySBJSBD. sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues…
      The Big 12 actually did something smart this time. Per the contract, they have to add $20M per year, per team the Big 12 adds no matter the team. So in my mind, this does change allowing UH in (cause no new TV market) unless the Big 12 wants to try to renegotiate the whole contract. It doesn't sound like the TV companies are fired up by the Big 12 adding non-Power 5 teams, so it could be an interesting conversation. With the favorable Big 12 contract, they do have some leverage in the situation.

If the Big 12 adds 4 teams, they networks will have to come up with $80M more per year. The Big 12 will not give the new teams full share for several years down the road, so the existing members will get a bigger share for awhile. Then you add in a conference championship game ($2M more per school). Texas would be bringing in North of $40M per year then.

Comment

Elite athletes with difficult pasts turn to junior college football for a last shot at turning their lives around and achieving their dreams.

Last Chance U, this series is great.
        Scooba Tech..

Anybody else watching this?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          The Big 12 actually did something smart this time. Per the contract, they have to add $20M per year, per team the Big 12 adds no matter the team. So in my mind, this does change allowing UH in (cause no new TV market) unless the Big 12 wants to try to renegotiate the whole contract. It doesn't sound like the TV companies are fired up by the Big 12 adding non-Power 5 teams, so it could be an interesting conversation. With the favorable Big 12 contract, they do have some leverage in the situation.

If the Big 12 adds 4 teams, they networks will have to come up with $80M more per year. The Big 12 will not give the new teams full share for several years down the road, so the existing members will get a bigger share for awhile. Then you add in a conference championship game ($2M more per school). Texas would be bringing in North of $40M per year then.

Yep, things are getting interesting on the expansion front. I really wonder how strongly they would consider Tulane. Apparently, they were high on the the list during previous discussions...getting back into a big conference could do wonders for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready, Whoo Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Yep, things are getting interesting on the expansion front. I really wonder how strongly they would consider Tulane. Apparently, they were high on the the list during previous discussions...getting back into a big conference could do wonders for them.
              Tulane certainly gets you into SEC country in a recruiting hotbed. They say outside of TV markets, the next thing you want to look for in expansion is a team that is a great recruiting area. It also allows trips to New Orleans every couple of years. While it really does nothing for me personally, I think they would be an okay addition.

Comment

Just a few short weeks until it's go time.

Comment

I love this time of year. Fishing is great, blue wing teal will be showing any day now, my deer are finishing out with nice racks, harvesting my rice, and college football is right around the corner.

Comment

I am ready to see the Aggies in a game so I will know if it will be a let down year or not.

Comment

Oops. It appears one of our 2017 "reservations" had a change of heart. The Louisiana RB must have got an offer Bama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hook em horns! (hopefully)

Comment

Hook'em Horns! Looking forward to the Sunday night kickoff against the golden domers. Love big time games and legit teams for the first game to see how they've progressed since last year.

Comment

Finally!!!

Comment

Again!
                              http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/...ms-of-all-time

Comment

Excited for the season to get going!

Comment

Working...
                                X