Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a custom rifle for sale? Gunwerx, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a custom rifle for sale? Gunwerx, etc?

Looking to buy a custom rifle for game hunting in the US....free range audad, elk, etc.

I have plenty of rifles and have hunted plenty, but have been wanting a custom rifle the past couple of years. I visited Gunwerx at the Safari show and like their climber in 6.5 PRC. I also like the 26 nosler round. Problem is I just really haven’t justified spending $8k-$13k for a rifle. However, I eventually will have one made if I can’t find one here.

Let me know what you have, what a buddy has, a website where used ones are sold, etc.

Thanks

Alamo Precision Rifles is a full service firearms retailer and custom-gun maker located in Hurst, TX.

Comment

Gunwerx is some nice stuff, but for the rifle itself they’re not doing anything special. Save your money and have one of any number of Smith’s spin up the same rifle for $3-4K. They can use the same quality or higher components that GW uses, and can build it however you like. I’ve shot a handful of full on customs that were $3k-3500 past a mile. My 7 lb 6.5 SAUM is one of them.

Comment

I forgot why I had to stop clicking on your links... I’m trying to buy a new house but now I’m figuring out how I can sneak that 7mag, the 28 nosler or the 300wm in the safe without my wife noticing the bank account!

Comment

If you spend $8k to $13k here you'll scratch two or three custom rifle itches. Love my APR .280 Rem !

Comment

Originally posted by SPDKLZ View Post
            Looking to buy a custom rifle for game hunting in the US....free range audad, elk, etc.

I have plenty of rifles and have hunted plenty, but have been wanting a custom rifle the past couple of years. I visited Gunwerx at the Safari show and like their climber in 6.5 PRC. I also like the 26 nosler round. Problem is I just really haven’t justified spending $8k-$13k for a rifle. However, I eventually will have one made if I can’t find one here.

Let me know what you have, what a buddy has, a website where used ones are sold, etc.

Thanks
            Just buy a rifle from Alamo Precision and take the extra $5k that would have been completely wasted on a Gunwerx, McWhorter, etc. and go on a nice hunt.

Comment

Bought my 25-06 off their ready to ship/sell and love it. When asked, I tell them it’s a custom that I didn’t put together but Havens’s it my own. Saved the wait and headache and stres of decidifnwhat to do haha. Plus now my berger 115’s are consistent around a half moa out 600.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                Just buy a rifle from Alamo Precision and take the extra $5k that would have been completely wasted on a Gunwerx, McWhorter, etc. and go on a nice hunt.
                This. The extra 5k is all for the name nothing more.

Comment

Don't exclude Hill Country Rifles from the list of "ready to go" customs. And unlike APR, the come with an accuracy guarantee that tells you exactly what ammo was used for the test shots.

I killed my 236" deer this year with my guides HCR in 270. I made the longest shot I'd ever made on a deer, and that rifle made it easy. I swore right then that if I ever bought a custom/semi-custom rifle that it'd be a Hill Country Rifle.

Comment

Brand new custom 300wm

Comment

Love my Alamo Precision. And less than half the cost of a Gunwerks rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        Don't exclude Hill Country Rifles from the list of "ready to go" customs. And unlike APR, the come with an accuracy guarantee that tells you exactly what ammo was used for the test shots.

I killed my 236" deer this year with my guides HCR in 270. I made the longest shot I'd ever made on a deer, and that rifle made it easy. I swore right then that if I ever bought a custom/semi-custom rifle that it'd be a Hill Country Rifle.
                        I’m not downplaying HCR, but that shouldn’t be an issue with any custom. If it is, then they simply suck.

Comment

I currently use crimson accuracy exclusive. I enjoy my relationship with Johnny. We talk about what I want and expect out of my rifle. When I receive it, it is exactly what I expected. I’ve had and have some of the big bane makers from Texas and outside. Can’t go wrong with any of them. If I expect 1/3 moa I get it from Johnny I’ll say that.

Comment

Get a custom built how you want it then add the g7 rangefinder and a nightforce and you have gunwerk's shooting system.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

HCR is way over priced and way over rated. But yes they do good work.

Lots of top end gun smiths out there these days. Post a thread asking for info on each maker. I think you’ll be surprised how many messages you’ll get against some of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X