Orange Beach, AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Beach, AL

Alright fellas and fellettes, headed to Orange Beach the 22-26 with the inlaws (looks to the heavens, touches forehead, chest, shoulder and shoulder).

I've personally never done this area before, I've always been a FL guy myself, but as I mentioned above these plans were somewhat voluntold to me.

Soooo, places to eat, things to do, yada yada you know the drill. I'll also add it will be my lady's birthday while we are there so I'd like to take her somewhere nice at least for dinner (if we were going to Destin like I would have picked I'd already have this part planned out and we'd be going to Boshamps). Go ahead... laugh at my pain.

Oh, one last thing... Thursday night we will be staying in Mobile since we can't check in to the condo until Friday. So anything to do there that afternoon/evening would be great!

Well the good news is Florida is about 300 yards from Orange Beach!

I'm no help yet, but I'll try to check back next week as we leave tomorrow for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.

Comment

That area is one of my favorites. We fished down there for many years. Check and see if there are any outdoor concerts at the Wharf while you will be there. There are lots of places to eat. Everyone needs to eat at LuLu’s on the ICW at least once. Lots of stuff for the kids to do at the Wharf as well. Make the drive out to Fort Morgan and see all that stuff. Beach access is different than here in Texas but you will figure that out pretty quick.

Comment

Tourist traps with decent food we’ve at in golf shores are Lulu’s, tacky Jacks, the hangout which has live music and a foam party every hour for kids. There is a pizza joint called papa roccos that I thought was really good and they had some seafood on the menu. Flora-bama to hang out and the yacht club has pretty good food right on the bay with live music and a beach. The guild is also right there and food and drinks are good. Lamberts is more in town but a family style restraint with generous portions and they throw rolls to you. Big beach brewing and fairhope brewing (in fairhope) have pretty good beers. Also a milkshake place in town I think called the yard that has some over the top shakes.
        Last edited by DKirk; 07-09-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

We’re here now. Did Acme oyster house last night and headed to big mikes this eve for steaks and more grilled oysters! Went snapper fishing yesterday on a private charter. Taking little man on a party boat in the am at Zeke’s! It’s gonna be worth the $$ just to hear him complain about all the people holding their spinning reel upside down. He gave the captain yesterday a lesson on electronics. That said I think the captain lives in a tent. Pretty much what I expected booking a trip in a tourist town.

Comment

Fisher’s at Orange Beach Marina. Alabama chicken is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              We’re here now. Did Acme oyster house last night and headed to big mikes this eve for steaks and more grilled oysters! Went snapper fishing yesterday on a private charter. Taking little man on a party boat in the am at Zeke’s! It’s gonna be worth the $$ just to hear him complain about all the people holding their spinning reel upside down. He gave the captain yesterday a lesson on electronics. That said I think the captain lives in a tent. Pretty much what I expected booking a trip in a tourist town.
              Check back in with a steak and oyster report, please sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Party boat report as well please. Ive fished Galvestons before and they aren't half bad if you know what you're signing up for. Whatd it cost?

Comment

Make plans to eat at Lambert's cafe in Foley - https://throwedrolls.com/

Warning the food is good and its a wait, but worth it. Novelty of the place is when you ask for more dinner rolls, they throw them to you from across the restaurant. Kiddos love it.

For the wife's birthday go check out Flora-Bama Lounge and Oyster bar - http://www.florabama.com/

They typically have live music playing in three different areas of the bar. Huge place.

The reason behind the name is the place is half in Florida and half in Alabama.

Guessing you're staying at one of the condos on the beach. Get the beach chair rentals its well worth it vs logging your own gear down there.

Hope you have fun.

Comment

Acme Oyster bar is good, do not go to King Neptune’s, unless you like Long John Silvers.

Comment

We enjoyed flora-bama. The flying harpoon was good as well.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

The Crab Trap in Perdido is good food. We rented a pontoon and cruised Old River, Bayou St. John and then anchored up and hungout with everyone at the islands near the Perdido Pass bridge. If you take a rod and reel the guy at Go Fish Red Fish Bait & Tackle in Perdido is pretty knowledgeable on were to wade and surf fish.
                        Last edited by HFD38; 07-09-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Lots and lots to do in that area. Tons of great restaurants. You got to go to the Flora Bama though. At least to say you e been there.

Comment

I grew up there. Not the same as it was in the 80’s-90’s. I go back about once a year. Tons of places to eat and things to do. Keg or Anchor bar for a awesome burger, Pirates Cove for Bushwaclers, Flora-Bama to say you went there (they do have good bloody Mary’s). Doc’s for fried seafood, Cobalt for upscale seafood.

Comment

My Grandmother use to run the Bar at Flora-Bama years ago.Grew up running around over there.There is a water park Waterville I Believe There is an old fort and park there.Alabama point pass is good fishing also once you hit beach head west a few miles there is a small pass that enters the gulf and outgoing tide fishing is really good.Right over the Perdido pass bridge is a state park Big lagoon SP. have lots of trails and boardwalks there.

Comment

Working...
                              X