Osha violations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    It really is BS. They only force companies to contract out to safety companies. And it's 95% just a show. No one really cares. And the reason no one cares is because of the amount of BS involved.
    Yep, I feel like this is just an extra tax we have to pay to the man.

Comment

Need money for all the illegal aliens. Should be able to get it reduced

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Anyone familiar with how they come to a violation amount? We got popped for a few small violations and for not having a safety ladder/swing gate on a set of scaffolding. Got the violation today and we owe $23,500 to the man. Just seems kinda excessive to me.
        Fight it. If its beatable at all fight it. They will hound you and be looking for a willful violation. We have won all our fights with them. 281/381/7772. David.

Comment

I blew the whistle back in the early 2000’s on a previous employer that had ordered our maintenance Dept. to conduct illegal asbestos remediation at our facility. They knew it was wrong, unsafe and threatened the employees if they did not comply. The site fines were around 350k, they had it coming and got what they deserved.

[emoji1662]

Comment

I’ve been successful in fighting quite a few of them over my career. Give me a call and I’d be happy to help a fellow Bowhunter out. 512.423.9838.
            If you email me what you received from OSHA that would be best. Safetyman78947@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Knock on wood I haven’t seen OSHA on a job since 1999. They had a guy fall off of some scaffolding and die last year while they were building the new Sherman high school. I asked the job superintendent how long OSHA was around and he said they never showed up. Seemed kind of odd.

Comment

I may have missed it above but does the employer provide a copy of the bylaws, approved by OSHA and the TWFC? Is there documentation to support this?

Comment

Those swing gates and requirements have been around a long time in the industry. That being said as many have stated some of their rules are way out there. I have seen OSHA send auditors out that wasn’t even familiar or step foot in a petrochemical plant before in my work environment many years ago
                  Last edited by tps7742; 09-23-2021, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                    I may have missed it above but does the employer provide a copy of the bylaws, approved by OSHA and the TWFC? Is there documentation to support this?
                    We haven't provided anything. They are subs, and should know how to use the scaffolding correctly.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

This

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        It really is BS. They only force companies to contract out to safety companies. And it's 95% just a show. No one really cares. And the reason no one cares is because of the amount of BS involved.
                        Yep.Nailed it.

Comment

For those of you that think safety is BS I want to see how you feel when you have to go to a coworker's home, hospital room, or funeral after they have been seriously injured, mangled, or killed on the job. Scaffolding is one of the main areas people are injured. That is why there are so many regulations that deal with scaffolding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            For those of you that think safety is BS I want to see how you feel when you have to go to a coworker's home, hospital room, or funeral after they have been seriously injured, mangled, or killed on the job. Scaffolding is one of the main areas people are injured. That is why there are so many regulations that deal with scaffolding.
                            You are correct. This is why OSHA has a special section on scaffolding.

Comment

Originally posted by hart8 View Post
                              yep.nailed it.
                              [ATTACH]1063683[/ATTACH]

Comment

Should we have safety rules to keep employers from putting workers in unsafe working conditions? Definitely. Should we fine the heck out of employers for violating ticky tack rules designed to protect the lowest common denominator? Nope. Is a scaffolding gate that serious of an issue? Could be depending on the situation, $23k seems a bit of a stretch though.

Comment

Working...
                                X