No announcement yet.

Deer heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll have to try it that way. Got my 2 nephews to eat heart for the first time Saturday night. Took them on a doe hunt and each got one so I just cleaned, sliced, uncle Chris seasoning and couple minutes on the grill. Turned out pretty good and they both seemed to like it.

Comment

Don't forget...hearts need love too!

Comment

So good!!!

Comment

Man oh man. I had some more deer heart this morning:

Cut up into thin strips (against the grain). Season with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, cayenne. Fry it up quick and hot for a few minutes while stirring (I used bacon grease to make it extra tasty). Pull it and put it aside and then scramble eggs in the bacon grease. Add the heart to the eggs and stir. Put it on hot tortillas. Good LAWD.

Comment

I just finished some elk heart jerky today. The smooth muscle makes for great jerky. Also good to cube up and put in red Chile.

Comment

Chew, you have make deer heart fried in bacon grease, then make brown gravy and serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                Chew, you have make deer heart fried in bacon grease, then make brown gravy and serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.
                Sounds heavenly! I'll give it a try this year

Comment

I grill mine. Surprisingly good.

Comment

Working...
                  X