• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailbox theft is a thing??

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Pat only uses solid gold mailboxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Oh crap I thought he was talking about his mail.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hammer them.

Comment

California has drastically decriminalized theft. Now Target stores in SF are closing at 6 pm due to, you guessed it, rampant theft.

Sad to see our country regressing into a complete mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Perp probably doesn’t understand that mail has to be physically delivered and credit cards/bank/financial info will just magically appear in the box, regardless as to where the box is.

Makes about as much sense as anything else these days I guess.

Comment

Update

Spoke to deputy and filed report, sent him pics.

He called back about an hour later. Ran plates and went to suspect's house but suspect nor vehicle there. However there were a few other vehicles in the yard and they were registered to same person.

My neighbor over there said he was afraid it might be family since he could not imagine anyone wanting a mailbox with family name on it.
              Thief was driving a newer Blazer and all deputy could tell me was last name which didn't ring any bells. Thief lives in little community about 15 miles away so that eliminates a local but could be related to a local.

Wife wants to see about adding trespassing charges since mailbox was in yard and not on road.

Comment

Can you ID the driver from your surveillance video?

Even though you can find out who the registered owner is they will likely say that someone else is driving the car or they let a friend borrow it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Update

Spoke to deputy and filed report, sent him pics.

He called back about an hour later. Ran plates and went to suspect's house but suspect nor vehicle there. However there were a few other vehicles in the yard and they were registered to same person.

My neighbor over there said he was afraid it might be family since he could not imagine anyone wanting a mailbox with family name on it.
                  Thief was driving a newer Blazer and all deputy could tell me was last name which didn't ring any bells. Thief lives in little community about 15 miles away so that eliminates a local but could be related to a local.

Wife wants to see about adding trespassing charges since mailbox was in yard and not on road.
                  Sorry to hear this happened, dang thieves. Update us when you can on progress of catching this sorry crook, good luck.

Comment

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Thieves suck.

Comment

Come steal my mailbox! We don’t use it!

Comment

Pics or it did not happen. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          Pics or it did not happen. Really?
                          When it is all done I will post the pics. Don't want to mess anything up

No I cannot ID driver from pics

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            This ^^....or i'm just getting old. Sorry for the OP, i know this is a pain in the ***.

Comment

I wouldn't think a mailbox would get stolen either but it did

Of course about 10mi down the road a guy pretty much stole a house too

Guy just started tearing an old brick house down and people started stopping and offering $$ for this and that. Probably had 50-75% of it gone before someone reported it.
                              House was right on US 69 (Major highway) in front of where the walmart is near I20

Plans already in place to have a gate up in the near future. Going to be funny to watch the idiots that drive in with a trailer and find a gate and have to back out 1/8mi or more

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I wouldn't think a mailbox would get stolen either but it did

Of course about 10mi down the road a guy pretty much stole a house too

Guy just started tearing an old brick house down and people started stopping and offering $$ for this and that. Probably had 50-75% of it gone before someone reported it.
                                House was right on US 69 (Major highway) in front of where the walmart is near I20

Plans already in place to have a gate up in the near future. Going to be funny to watch the idiots that drive in with a trailer and find a gate and have to back out 1/8mi or more
                                Yep, got to be deep E. Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X