Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Figured I'd start a new thread for the upcoming season. I went a few times in February to walk around and see what was going on, but I haven't been back since. This season is going to be more of a "watch and learn" type deal for me anyways. When I get tired of looking at the same trees on private land I'll go stretch my legs and look at different trees at Somerville

Went yesterday with my Dad to see what everything looked like "growed up". Weeds were anywhere from knee to armpit high. It was drier out there than I would have expected though.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      Went yesterday with my Dad to see what everything looked like "growed up". Weeds were anywhere from knee to armpit high. It was drier out there than I would have expected though.
      Good to know, I will be out there Tuesday scouting some new places.

Comment

Well y’all werent kidding about the weeds, About armpit high in some places. Saw quite a few deer. Will be interesting to see what level of rainfall we get this fall.

Comment

We saw some does & fawns. Good to see.

Comment

I'm glad ya'll started this thread. I'm going to do my darnedest to get on some public land and hunt this year. Correct me if I've read this wrong but I think need an LPU permit to scout out there as I didn't get the APH last year and don't want to spend $48 on one that's only good until the end of August.

Richard
            Last edited by Junkers88; 07-30-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
              I'm glad ya'll started this thread. I'm going to do my darnedest to get on some public land and hunt this year. Correct me if I've read this wrong but I think need an LPU permit to scout out there as I didn't get the APH last year and don't want to spend $48 on one that's only good until the end of August.

Richard
              From what I understand, you DO NOT need a permit for scouting/access purposes at Somerville.

Comment

Anyone know if the water is down enough for the roads through nails Creek to not be flooded?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

if welch park is any kind of indication..should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                    Anyone know if the water is down enough for the roads through nails Creek to not be flooded?

No high water issues. You're good to go.

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

Anyone done any good dove huntin at Somerville? Planning to meet a buddy there tomorrow since it's halfway between us. Just looking for general areas or even just which unit people have seen or shot dove in this year or in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                          Anyone done any good dove huntin at Somerville? Planning to meet a buddy there tomorrow since it's halfway between us. Just looking for general areas or even just which unit people have seen or shot dove in this year or in the past.

Went this past weekend and didn't see but one or two birds. I have however seen enough copperheads out there this scouting season to last a freaking lifetime.

Comment

Be careful, there’s timber rattlesnakes out there too!

Comment

Pulled camera this weekend and had plenty of action. Tons of Does, small bucks, and pigs. No big shooters yet but ive only had the camera out about a week. At least its a target rich enviroment with all the free bacon walking about

Comment

Working...
                              X