Nilgai Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai Hunt

Well fellers, I jumped in on a nilgai hunt on the King Ranch that a fellow TBH'er offered up. The hunt is March 6-9th. I've never stepped foot on any of that property so it should be interesting. I'm gonna try to stick one with my recurve. I'll either shoot my Tall Tines or one of my Widows. I'll be shooting 60#s with a 2219 tipped with a steel force 300 grain single bevel broad head. Don't know if I'll even get a shot but either way it should be a hoot. Looking forward to the hunt and I'll try to post some pictures. Any of y'all shot one with a stick bow?

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Never seen one in the flesh, but would like to go hunt one some time, especially with a recurve, good luck!!

Comment

I’m jealous. Good luck.

Comment

If you are hunting in a stand, get near a dung pile. They return to the same place to take care of their business!!!

And good luck!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

good luck! can't wait for the recap!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome hunt. Good luck and keep us updated!

Comment

Mike Mitten writes about hunting them with his recurve on the King Ranch in his book "One With The Wilderness". Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll keep y’all updated. For now it just practice and ensuring all my gear is ready.

Comment

Good luck!!!! I know it can be done and I've stubbornly hunted them with a recurve twice, I have faith in you!!!

Comment

Exciting prospect! Good luck!

Comment

nilgai with a recurve would be a fantastic trophy.

Comment

I got dang close to shootin one with my acs on laguna astascosa but couldnt get the angle on one, or close enough on another. Lots of fun trying n watching them walk the
                          River every night at camp. Big fine animals

Comment

Shot one with a rifle a few weeks back and was reminded of how tough their hides are. I’d shoot the heaviest bow/arrow combo you can shoot accurately, and make sure your broadheads are shaving sharp or sharper if possible. Their bones are dense and hide is really tough but a good shot mixed with a little luck could produce some good eating and one heck of a trophy. Keep us posted on how the hunt goes

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X