Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice property

Comment

I’ll be going up this weekend. How much rain have we gotten over the last month or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        I’ll be going up this weekend. How much rain have we gotten over the last month or so?

We had around a inch in Rumley

Comment

We got about 1.25” 10 miles west of Lampasas.

I put out some cameras last Saturday and pulled pics on Sunday to see where we’re at, not looking too bad for us considering how dry it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
            We got about 1.25” 10 miles west of Lampasas.

I put out some cameras last Saturday and pulled pics on Sunday to see where we’re at, not looking too bad for us considering how dry it’s been.

Good deal, looking healthy. Is this year gonna be the year of the acorn?

Comment

Good deal, looking healthy. Is this year gonna be the year of the acorn?

Kinda weird rainfall patter at our place this year, who knows what’s going to happen. It was so dry this spring I didn’t attempt spring dove food plots.

We cleared about 30 acres of cedar over the last year, which has been great, just need to get more rain to get vegetation up and running.

Comment

Got around to checking cameras and we have a couple of bucks that really blew up since last year. Getting rid of our donkeys and year-round protein has proven to be effective. That, and having one of the only two ponds that never dried up for a couple of miles helped. Should be a fun season.

Comment

[ATTACH]921259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]921260[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]921261[/ATTACH]
                  Originally posted by ryane17 View Post
                  got around to checking cameras and we have a couple of bucks that really blew up since last year. Getting rid of our donkeys and year-round protein has proven to be effective. That, and having one of the only two ponds that never dried up for a couple of miles helped. Should be a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanE17 View Post
                    [ATTACH]921259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]921260[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]921261[/ATTACH]

Nice! Me and a buddy went last weekend to fill feeders and check stands. We saw a bunch of bucks and several doe. The grass wasn’t all green, but it’s there. All three tanks we have, still have water in them.

Comment

Pulled some pics yesterday. The few showers we had come through earlier this week have helped the pasture conditions.

I’m thinking this buck with the split on his left brow tine may be my target buck. I think he’s at least 6, I think I have pics of him the last three years:

Comment

Some good looking bucks. Seems like it could be a good year. Now we just need some more rain and some cooler weather.

Comment

686, which year is which in your collage above? I like age progressions but I can't tell what s going on without your clarification.

What I THINK i see is he was bigger last year?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            686, which year is which in your collage above? I like age progressions but I can't tell what s going on without your clarification.

What I THINK i see is he was bigger last year?

Sorry, it’s not an age progression, just shots from different angles/distances from the last few weeks put together. I like to have a compilation of shots put together so I can remember what they look like from different angles, so I’m not searching through hundreds of photos in the blind trying to identify bucks.
                            Last edited by 686; 08-27-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Headed up this friday evening. Gonna pull cards, top off feeders, check batteries, etc......
                              Really curious about progress

Oh yeah....easy relaxin fishin is on the to do list as well

Comment

I’ve had decent bird hunting the last few years at our place, but it was so dry this year, I haven’t been seeing as many birds as normal. Im going to sit out Saturday afternoon and see what flys by.

Comment

Working...
                                X