Questions for Krivoman blind owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for Krivoman blind owners

Those of you that have one or several; which model do you prefer - 4 window or 6 window and why?
    Also does it sit on the ground or do you have a platform?
    Seriously thinking about getting one just want opinions. I have seen threads with other sit ups but the model is not always seen in the pics.

I've got a couple with 4 windows. That's plenty for my setups and keeps it darker inside. I prefer them on the ground. I took one off a platform because it was noisy even with carpet and would never completely seal around the bottom.

Comment

I have 2 of the 4 window models on 6' platforms. I plan on cutting the platforms down to 3' because the shot angles aren't the best.....especially for shorter hunters named Chew.

Comment

4 Windows is plenty to me. I have them on the ground and elevated on 8' wooden platforms. I like being elevated but on the ground makes them easy to move. Both have there place IMO.

Comment

When trailering one... make sure it is strapped down really well. They will flex under the wind and cause straps to loosen.

I can say from experience, that they are well built, because mine survived flying off a trailer going 70 mph...

I have the 4 window model...
          I like to have them dug into the ground a few inches. Much quieter, scent tight w/ windows closed, and keeps the critters out.
          Last edited by walker1983; 02-02-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

More windows = more light. I spray painted my windows with small openings to see out of to reduce light.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mine are on 18 inch platforms just tall windows enough to keep critters out i have a 4 and a 5 window mine are mostly used for gun hunting probably going to order another one window for the 4 window before long

Comment

Mine are 4 window models and are on the ground. I bought those horse stall rubber mats from TSC and made a floor that is a press fit in the bottom of the blind, then put carpet on top of that. I took a shovel and mounded dirt around the bottom of the blind on the outside and so far, it has kept out pretty much all critters n bugs... did have a couple black widders get in around the door. Took care of those and now keep one of the Hot Shot pest strips handing from the vent knob in the top of the blind...

The new model is the best store bought blind I ever owned or hunted out of!! All of mine are 4 window set ups. Before next season, I will attach a small wire stretched across in front of the windows so I can hang some black greenhouse cloth over them to make it even darker inside the blind. I have another one in my barn that I plan to put on a short platform before next season just to give me a bit of an angle when shooting into feed pens from outside the pen... maybe 2-3 feet... but I already have the rubber mat floor cut to fit it. That sure helps seal them and quietens things up nicely when on a metal platform with a plywood deck.

Comment

I have an older model with 3 windows. It is pushed back in the brush and I only shoot out of 2 of them. I added a couple of small (4"x8") viewing windows at eye level on the sides. The blind sits on stall mat on top of a 48" platform. You can see a lot more even just 4' off the ground.
                  Last edited by jerp; 02-02-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Great question & great information as I am wanting to purchase one for the upcoming season. I'm in the piney woods and was considering a 10' platform. That may be too high. Following....

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
                      Great question & great information as I am wanting to purchase one for the upcoming season. I'm in the piney woods and was considering a 10' platform. That may be too high. Following....

That will depend on where you put the blind... If you're in the timber canopy, 10 feet is likely going to be too high for a large blind... If you're sitting on a pipeline, or road where you can see a long way, the higher, the better (assuming rifle hunting)... Bow hunting range the primary reason for elevation has always been sent and movement mitigation... Krivoman blinds by design take care of those issues, so sitting flat on the ground works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        More windows = more light. I spray painted my windows with small openings to see out of to reduce light.
                        That is a great idea. This year I was hanging black cloth and closing the window over it to block some light. May have to copy you on this.

Comment

I have a 4-window on a 2' platform. I screwed it down and ran silicone around the seam and on top of all the screws, so it's sealed very well. I put a rubber horse stall mat on the floor, and I plan to add some carpet to further quiet the noise of the floor. If I put it on the ground, it would be quiet, but it would also be full of black widows and such at my lease.

I also spray painted my windows flat black like ACCURACYINC did. Cuts down on the light, plus it keeps the windows from looking like mirrors from the deer's perspective outside. That way when you open the windows, they don't notice such a drastic difference.

I painted the inside back wall flat black as well to make it darker inside and to hide movement better. If they came with non-glare plexyglass and were painted black on the inside, it would be great.

Comment

So have any of you added sound deadening foam to the walls too?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
                              So have any of you added sound deadening foam to the walls too?
                              I've personally found it unnecessary, but I know the deer in south Texas aren't nearly as spooky as deer in other areas. The sounds that seem loud inside of the blind aren't so bad outside of it. Heck, I dropped my binoculars off my lap a few weeks ago and didn't spook anything. Like mentioned earlier, I have stall mats for flooring, and they are pretty quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X