RIP Challenger astronauts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Challenger astronauts

I was a Junior at Denison high school, watching in the library. First teacher to go up in space, every kid in America was watching. I can’t believe it’s been 35 years.

Wow- 35 years.
    Grew up in Orlando- 2nd grade- walked out to the football field b/c you could see the launches on the coast and watched it live- crazy when it came apart and we all got ushered back inside pretty quick b/c we knew it wasn't supposed to look like that. Very sad day- RIP to those fine astronauts.

Comment

I remember watching it in the library in junior high. Crazy.

Comment

I was in my second year at A&M. I remember coming of of class and the campus was basically empty. I did not know what had happened at the time. When I got back to the dorm everyone was clued to the TV.

-john

Comment

All of the teachers at our school, had TVs on in their classrooms, we watched it live, everyone was stunned. I was in high school at the time.

Comment

yall are some young bucks.....was in college and playing golf, came in after 9 to the pro shop and it was on the TV....we didnt play the back nine.

35 years....that is nuts

Comment

Seen it on tv in the break room, I was working at Ingalls shipyard in Pascagoula Mississippi.

Comment

The Challenger disaster and the 911 attacks are the most riveting moments in history I can remember in my lifetime.
                RIP brave Astronauts.

Comment

I'm 38 so I don't remember it happening. I did have an elementary teacher discuss it on one of the anniversaries. She said they sent the application around in the school for the teacher spot. I don't think she applied.

Comment

Was in my 1st job out of College. Sitting at a desk in the Transco Tower when it happened. Will never forget it.

Comment

9th grade. We had just finished basketball practice when it was announced.

Comment

I was a freshman at SFA and was between classes at the dorm. Friend across the hall had his door open and was watching the launch. I stepped in to watch and waste time but ended up watching the tragedy on tv.

Comment

I was walking into my 7th grade Texas history class when it happened.

Comment

I walked into the fire station to start my shift and everyone was glued to the TV. Wow, 35yrs!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

4th or 5th grade watching live on TV. The silence was deafening

Comment

Working...
                              X