Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2020 opening morning 10pt - Broke in the new VXR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/03/2020 ... The hunt for “Used to be a 12”

I eased into my favorite bow blind on opening morning with a lot of excitement but strangely I was the most calm I’ve ever been. Just had an overwhelming peace that’s hard to explain. I got settled in at 5:38am. I always pray and give thanks before every hunt.

It was a very bright full moon. Surprisingly, the time went by fast and soon the feeder would be going off. I really enjoyed being in the bow blind and watching the day come alive. When I first saw him...I threw the Bino’s on him and really got caught up watching him. It wasn’t till he committed and I reached for my bow that I realized I had never put on my release. Lol.

I got everything in order and with my new Mathews VXR in hand... I was able to squeeze off a shot and sent a Grim Reaper Hybrid his way. I was very fortunate and blessed to get the shot and him going down on video. He went down right on the road, 57 yards later.

He ran and crashed right in from of the Gun blind that me and my Dad would hunt by. We would park right next to it and look down. I looked up at the spot where we would sit and I immediately felt like Dad was there watching. Without any noticed I busted in tears and had a lot of memories flood back in. I calmed down after some time and thanked God numerous times.

Even though I saw him crash, I just stayed in the blind and soaked it all in. It’s like I couldn’t move. Lol

I broke in the Mathews VXR on one of the top bucks I’ve ever killed and tipped the scales at 190lb live weight.

I’m going keep this as short as possible.

This buck lived in a small area around my spot and was a nice 10 in 2016-2017.
    In 2018 he got a little bigger.

2019 he blew up into a main frame 12. His best rack for sure. I was guessing him around 7.5. I got really good video of him during the season and that’s when I started to figured him out. I learned a lot from watching him and his personality.
    2020 he lost the G5’s but he was still a beautiful 10.

He’s very docile and doesn’t like confrontations or big crowds. Also learned he was a lover and not a fighter. He loved him some doe.

I am so appreciative, humbled and thankful for all of it. My heart is to give Glory to God in everything. I thank God for another day out in His creation.

Hopefully, the video works. I also included a video clip of him in 2019 in it as well. Thanks for watching and God Bless.

“UBA 12” - 151 1/8”

Video....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-NhzxydWM"]October 3, 2020 - Opening morning (151 1/8” Bow Buck) - YouTube[/ame]

A few pictures....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bone Thug; 10-06-2020, 09:13 PM.

Stud! Congrats!

Comment

No video , but great buck! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

very nice

Comment

Awesome deer

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats

Comment

Great looking buck! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                No video , but great buck! Congrats

Try it now. Not sure why it’s not showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                  10/03/2020 ... The hunt for “Used to be a 12”

I eased into my favorite bow blind on opening morning with a lot of excitement but strangely I was the most calm I’ve ever been. Just had an overwhelming peace that’s hard to explain. I got settled in at 5:38am. I always pray and give thanks before every hunt.

It was a very bright full moon. Surprisingly, the time went by fast and soon the feeder would be going off. I really enjoyed being in the bow blind and watching the day come alive. When I first saw him...I threw the Bino’s on him and really got caught up watching him. It wasn’t till he committed and I reached for my bow that I realized I had never put on my release. Lol.

I got everything in order and with my new Mathews VXR in hand... I was able to squeeze off a shot and sent a Grim Reaper Hybrid his way. I was very fortunate and blessed to get the shot and him going down on video. He went down right on the road, 57 yards later.

He ran and crashed right in from of the Gun blind that me and my Dad would hunt by. We would park right next to it and look down. I looked up at the spot where we would sit and I immediately felt like Dad was there watching. Without any noticed I busted in tears and had a lot of memories flood back in. I calmed down after some time and thanked God numerous times.

Even though I saw him crash, I just stayed in the blind and soaked it all in. It’s like I couldn’t move. Lol

I broke in the Mathews VXR on one of the top bucks I’ve ever killed.

I’m going keep this as short as possible.

This buck lived in a small area around my spot and was a nice 10 in 2016-2017.

In 2018 he got a little bigger.

2019 he blew up into a main frame 12. His best rack for sure. I was guessing him around 7.5. I got really good video of him during the season and that’s when I started to figured him out. I learned a lot from watching him and his personality.

2020 he lost the G5’s but he was still a beautiful 10.

He’s very docile and doesn’t like confrontations or big crowds. Also learned he was a lover and not a fighter. He loved him some doe.

I am so appreciative, humbled and thankful for all of it. My heart is to give Glory to God in everything. I thank God for another day out in His creation.

Hopefully, the video works. I also included a video clip of him in 2019 in it as well. Thanks for watching and God Bless.

“UBA 12” - 151 1/8”

Video....

October 3, 2020 - Opening morning (151 1/8” Bow Buck) - YouTube

A few pictures....

Awesome. Congrats Brandon!

Comment

Congrats and great story. This is what we all love about hunting and spending time in the great outdoors. It’s the memories with friends and family, both present and past.

Comment

Nice shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!! I knew you would be on the board quickly. Always enjoy seeing what buck you will take. That is a great buck.

Comment

Congrats! another great buck!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome buck! I enjoyed the video too.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X