New owner suing over deer quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner suing over deer quality.

Guy/company buys 7000 acre SE Texas ranch. They expected tons of trophy deer. Not enough deer so they are suing.

SE Texas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doubt that’ll go well. Deer belong to the state not the land owner. Should have done a survey or at least put out cameras to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever read a suit like this...interesting. Also interesting is the date of the suit being filed with coincided with the date a huge note was due (within 7 days)...Surely the buyers drove the property and had solid proof of the deer herd. Although they are claiming the deer herd advertised was on another property.

On another note...they said the annual leas generated $140k?? holy balls.

Comment

Uhhh. Ride around the place and look. Fly around in helios, ask for recent pictures, do some home work.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Uhhh. Ride around the place and look. Fly around in helios, ask for recent pictures, do some home work.
            If you've got enough bucks to buy a 7k-acre spread, surely you've got enough to fly the place, unless this is someone who just won the lottery or is heir to a family fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Code View Post
              I'm not sure I've ever read a suit like this...interesting. Also interesting is the date of the suit being filed with coincided with the date a huge note was due (within 7 days)...Surely the buyers drove the property and had solid proof of the deer herd. Although they are claiming the deer herd advertised was on another property.

On another note...they said the annual leas generated $140k?? holy balls.
              This might be an interesting factoid but it would probably depend on how hard they put the sales pitch on in this regard, and whether buyers can prove they relied on these advertisements for the purchase.

If I’m closing a ranch like this at this price point in August, I’m building some trail camera time of my own into the option period and I’m making sure MLD is in place. At first glance, I find it hard to believe the buyer is going to win this one, but we’ll see.

Comment

An old country song comes to mind. Can't remember the name but the phrase Poor, Poor pitiful me. Lord have mercy on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  SE Texas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Fat fingers.

Comment

$10million to ‘recreate’ a deer herd?! lol give me a break

Comment

Buyers remorse.

Comment

Dumb company. Probly not bow hunters.... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                          Buyers remorse.
                          They admit that much.
                          They wish they hadn’t trusted the sellers.

Plenty of slimy agents and sellers out there...don’t judge too quickly, this might be one too.

Comment

If these guys are investors and not hunters, they could have depended on the "sales pitch" about the property. They may have never set foot on the land. Not enough detail in the story. Could fall under deceptive practices if they were told the land was under MLD and had X kind of deer to expect.
                            Then again, in real estate deals "Buyer Beware".

Comment

They show pictures of some nice deer in the ranch listing; though some of them appear to be released deer.

That area produces some great native deer with a little management.

Comment

Working...
                              X