Generator Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generator Returns

I was in Lowes and HD on Monday and generators were flying out the door. Just wondering if there is a long line now at the return desk. Any personal observations?

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
    I was in Lowes and HD on Monday and generators were flying out the door. Just wondering if there is a long line now at the return desk. Any personal observations?
    I am sure there will be, that and the used market. I already saw a few popping up on Fbook Marketplace

Comment

Most stores have signs saying no returns on generators when a hurricane is brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
        Most stores have signs saying no returns on generators when a hurricane is brewing.
        I hope they stick to their guns on that.

Comment

Pretty crappy that people do that.

Comment

I would think there returnable if unopened,or faulty.

Comment

Generator Returns

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post

Lowe’s has a sign saying must be in original unopened box with receipt.

But it’s a crappy thing to do. They had a need for it and will again one day so just keep it.

Comment

Went to grab a couple things at Lowes yesterday. Customer service line had 3 people returning generators.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

But it’s a crappy thing to do. They had a need for it and will again one day so just keep it.
                  I agree. Prolly someone that actually needed one and couldn't find one. They oughta charge a substantial restocking fee if they take em back and better not be a scratch on that box!lol

Comment

Northern tool was “all generator sales are final, no returns”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

I guess a lot of people that don't have the disposable income for a generator and/or don't want to maintain and store it until the next event return them when the need no longer exists. I would suspect that the big box stores transfer them to locations where the demand is high but it involves additional handling and freight.

Comment

I bought a small Honda generator at the Sears in Pasadena years ago for $99.95. It was sitting on a clearance table. I asked the guy in that department what's wrong with it. He said a customer bought it before a storm came in and returned it because it wouldn't run. As it happens the employee who took the return didn't know their return policy on generators. He took off the gas cap and said smell. No gas in the tank. I've had it 20 plus years and started it yesterday.

Comment

Just keep it so you are not one of the idiots rushing to get one again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                            I guess a lot of people that don't have the disposable income for a generator and/or don't want to maintain and store it until the next event return them when the need no longer exists. I would suspect that the big box stores transfer them to locations where the demand is high but it involves additional handling and freight.
                            Or, maybe they are selfish and keep others from buying one that would actually use and keep it. So sorry the govt did not give them a stimulus gift card for a generator.

Comment

I remember after Ike, they had chainsaw stacked up at the return desk like cord wood. Mine was one of them, but that was because the dang Homelite POS wouldn't run. They were taking them back no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                              X