American Hunter Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Hunter Feeder

I just got an American Hunter 350 lb. feeder with the Sunslinger solar charging thrower on it.

Does any one have any dealings with this feeder? I’ve read some reviews and they’re mixed, folks love or hate the thrower.

Just looking for opinions from the Green Screen.

Worse case, I can just put a different thrower on it.

Thanks,
    Grumpy

They are ok. I have had one for about 2 years...the little thingy spins out corn just like the other.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I bought 2 of them 3 years ago. Never had any issues with them. Would definitely put a cage around it if you have coons.

Comment

My buddy has one, only issue I have seen it have was instigated by a large bar hog deciding to rub one of the legs which caused gravity to take effect... Sun slinger unit didn't survive that incident, but i put an ASF unit on it for him. None of this was the feeder's fault.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Must have been a big a** hog.

Comment

I have a buddy that loves the sunslinger. I personally didn’t think it threw far enough. It’s not bad I guess for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Big arse hog destroyed mine.

Comment

Get a new timer and it’ll be good to go. I’ve had one up at my uncles for about 7 years now and zero issues with it

Comment

I just set it up this past Saturday, and it tested twice just fine. The timer iant as bad to set up, and see as some of the reviews on it say.

I will say if you're in direct sunlight, the numbers are a little hard to make out, but if you create a little shade, they're not bad.

I'm gonna use the timer on it until it goes out, if it does, then I'll change it. Until then, I think it's just fine.

I'm gonna go check on it next week, I'm sure it will do everything I need it to.

Comment

Working...
                    X